• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wicked Good Lump - Good deal???

Is wicked better than RO?

It depends on how you plan to use them. WG is made from hardwood which burns slow and makes it is good for long smokes. RO is made from lesser hard wood so it burns faster. Both burn very clean. I use WG for long smokes and RO for hot grilling.

Acehardware.com has Wicked Good Lump Charcoal on sale for $17.99 (after promo discounts) for a 22lb bag.

I think is a good deal, but you will need to buy 5 bags to hit $100.00+ at checkout.
'
You will also need to use the promotional code ACERMN15J (15% discount) and select "ship to store" but the final price should be 17.99 a bag plus tax.

Used my Wicked Good Charcoal last weekend, burned 20+ hours @ 250 and still had 20% left over in the Kamado. Lots of LARGE pieces (4-5 " limbs parts). Ive used RO and BGE, but Wicked Good seems to be my favorite now.:clap2:

Well i picked up my 5 bags today from Ace. Have to say that i'm less than pleased with the state of the bags. Looks like they have been manhandled and a few of them had small holes in them. Dumped out one bag into the tupperware i store it in and noticed very few large pieces and a lot of dust. This is my first time receiving Wicked Good and ordering from Ace. Is Wicked usually lacking larger pieces / have a lot of dust and made up of mostly smaller pieces?

Sent ACE an email expressing my concerns of the bags and they send me a $30 promotional code to use at a future date.

I'm on acehardware.com right now.

Searched for Wicked Good, then charcoal.

The first search resulted in almost nothing. Second search displayed a bunch of Kingsford products, a couple Cowboy, and all kinds of Weber grills. Not a single Wicked Good bag to be found.

Does it say 'Wicked Good Not Available in Virginia' somewhere in the fine print?

I'm on acehardware.com right now.

Searched for Wicked Good, then charcoal.

The first search resulted in almost nothing. Second search displayed a bunch of Kingsford products, a couple Cowboy, and all kinds of Weber grills. Not a single Wicked Good bag to be found.

Does it say 'Wicked Good Not Available in Virginia' somewhere in the fine print?

they stopped carrying it

there is a thread about it here someplace.

they stopped carrying it

there is a thread about it here someplace.

My local Ace hardware says they still carry it. They actually keep it in stock at the stores where I am at. I would call up your local Ace Hardware and see if they keep it instock, if they don't ask them if they can order some. Their staff will tell you whether Ace will have stopped carrying it or if they are able to still get some from their distributor.

My local Ace hardware says they still carry it. They actually keep it in stock at the stores where I am at. I would call up your local Ace Hardware and see if they keep it instock, if they don't ask them if they can order some. Their staff will tell you whether Ace will have stopped carrying it or if they are able to still get some from their distributor.

mine never carried it. when I went to pick it up after ordering it, the manager asked me about it since he had never seen it before. This was a few months ago

There is a place that sells it thats not too far from my work, but they want $26 for a bag.

I bought one at first, but wont again for that price.

here is the thread I was talking about

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154852

mine never carried it. when I went to pick it up after ordering it, the manager asked me about it since he had never seen it before. This was a few months ago

There is a place that sells it thats not too far from my work, but they want $26 for a bag.

I bought one at first, but wont again for that price.

here is the thread I was talking about

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154852

If you read the thread the OP mistakenly said it was DoItBest that was not carrying WG anymore. I have noticed that Ace doesn't have it listed on their website anymore, but last weekend I picked up 2 bags and asked if they planned on still carrying it as there was a rumor that they wouldnt. He checked the warehouse levels and they have plenty to sell still.

If you read the thread the OP mistakenly said it was DoItBest that was not carrying WG anymore. I have noticed that Ace doesn't have it listed on their website anymore, but last weekend I picked up 2 bags and asked if they planned on still carrying it as there was a rumor that they wouldnt. He checked the warehouse levels and they have plenty to sell still.

well its not on their website anymore. it used to be

thanks all I know

and the guy that made the mistake was not the original poster either

I've searched for WG on the Ace site and wasn't able to find it, then went back another day and searched again and was able to find and order it. Not sure what's up with that, but it does seem to come and go there. :noidea:

Looks like a good price, a bought one bag at a comp last year to try it. It came out to be about 1.00/per pound. I like it but for the price I can buy RO from Menards buy the pallet and get it for around .47/per pound.

Looks like a good price, a bought one bag at a comp last year to try it. It came out to be about 1.00/per pound. I like it but for the price I can buy RO from Menards buy the pallet and get it for around .47/per pound.

You are correct that Wicked Good is more per pound. However you end up paying about the same amount per cook time when comparing it to Royal Oak. 1.5 chimneys worth of Wicked Good has given me the same amount of cook time as 3-4 chimney's worth of Royal Oak. I have used the same 3/4 chimney this week for a 2 fattie cook, cooking ribeyes reverse sear style, and cooking burgers. There is still big chunks of coals still left that I could probably get another cook or two of burgers/brats. 3/4 chimney of Royal Oak would of been spent after a 2 fattie cook and the reverse sear of some ribeyes.

In my Mini WSM with a full load of Royal Oak @ 235 I get anywhere between 6-8hrs of cook time before having to add more coals to maintain temperatures. Wicked Good Weekend Warrior gives me 9+ hours on the same load.

Yes you pay more upfront for Wicked Good Weekend Warrior, but in the back end the cost of Wicked Good vs Royal Oak is going to be about the same.

I've searched for WG on the Ace site and wasn't able to find it, then went back another day and searched again and was able to find and order it. Not sure what's up with that, but it does seem to come and go there. :noidea:

Here the item #

Item: 8322786
Description: CHARCOAL LUMP BAG 22LB,

I heard they were going to stop carrying WG and switching to Kamado Joe lump. Not sure if it holds any truth but makes sense cuz they sell the Kamado Joe line.

Guess you could also buy directly from wicked. I just priced it, Its about 27.00 a bag delivered to my door step.

Back