My Favorite Weber Gasser...

RemoGaggi

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
RemoGaggi
is the easily the Weber Q320. I also currently have Weber Summit 620. Over the years I've also had several Genesis models (old and newer style), a couple of Q100's, a few Q200's, and right now I'm on my second Q320. I've also had a number of various smokers and now have settled on Mak 1 star and GMG Davy Crockett for small cooks. But, this post is about gas, not smoke.

After my wife surprised me with the Summit a few years ago, I sold my Q320 as I figured I no longer had a need for the Q320. I was super excited to have the Summit. The Summit is a beast and to me, it's like a big 70's muscle car. Powerful, but not very nimble - It's fast going in a straight line, but doesn't navigate tight curves especially well. The Summit looks great, is all power and great for large quantities of food. But, it has many hot spots and doesn't do an excellent job with indirect cooking.

I've never been satisfied with the indirect cooking on the Summit as I don't feel the heat circulates well inside grill. I think the older Genesis models with the left to right burners did a better job at indirect cooking. Overall, I've never been impressed with cooking the Summit (blasphemy?).

We don't entertain nearly as much as we used to and it just me and my wife most of the time, so I don't like to fire up the big summit to cook just a few pieces of meat. This is also the same reason I have a GMG Davy Crockett when I also have a MAK. I plan on turning the GMG DC into a mini-Mak if and when it every comes out. But, I digress...

I recently found Q320 on CL and picked it up for $50. I cleaned it up and just a big fan of the this grill. I find the Q320 to be a great grill as it does a fantastic job of both high heat grilling and indirect grilling. Generally, I'm not a fan of cast iron grates, but they work great on the Q320 for a nice crust on steaks. For indirect cooking, turn off the center burner and it's an awesome chicken cooking machine.

Back to the cast iron grates - Originally, I wasn't a fan of the cast iron grates on the Q320, but I found that if you strip them well with oven cleaner, then spend several season sessions using lard (heat up, brush with lard, cool down, repeat about 6 times), the grates really do become non-stick and perform exceptionally well.

Here's a pic of some boneless thighs and bratwurst I cooked last night on the Q320. I think I was inspired to post because it's been awhile since I last cooked on it and the simple dinner tonight was so easy and perfect.

I purchased a Q200 for tailgating many years ago. We lived in an apartment and our cheap gasser gave out, so I started using it for the main grilling too. I got the base cart and the adapter to go to 20lb tanks.

It was a helluva grill really. (In fact, I still use it for tailgating. :p ) It was a little unfortunate that there's only one burner to control, but it still cooked really well. I don't have much problem with stuff sticking, and I've never really cleaned it!

Back