MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
tb80
Take a breath!

Default Grilling Ideas, Recipes and/or Advice

I need some new ideas for recipes on the grill. I am looking for something that takes around 30 mins to an hour. I normally cook fajitas, venison, burgers, steaks, pork tenderloin, salmon... I want something I can throw on the grill after work without a ton of prep work and sit there and listen to some tunes. It can't be too expensive or too unhealthy as we are on a budget and trying to eat healthy.
Any suggestions?
tb80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Neked Fattie,Meatloaf, Stuffed Peppers,Potato Bombs,Mac & cheese..

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Hmmm... what about fish tacos with chipotle slaw? It's quick and easy.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Chicken parts or spatchcocked chicken.
Lamb chops (no where near half an hour, in fact.)
Any fish

Are you grilling vegetables? I've done onions, summer squash (zucchini and yellow) winter squash (3/4" butternut slices) broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peppers, potatoes (sliced about 1/2" thick) and corn on the cob.

Pita bread brushed with EVOO and sprinkled with sesame seeds.

I just watched an episode of Primal Grill where Raichlen did tofu. Claimed it was good!

Casadias.

Now you're making me hungry!

Old 01-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #5
tb80
Take a breath!

Thanks for the tips. I like the lamb and fish tacos ideas.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #6
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Lasagna or baked pasketti :)
JMSetzler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 02:26 AM   #7
Titch

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Kebabs or Kofta,anything on skewers.
Cheers.
Titch
Titch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 05:10 AM   #8
buccaneer

Chicken breasts chili fied, and whole fish is awesome!

Old 01-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #9
Foxfire
Full Fledged Farker

Seared ahi, ready in 3 min!
[COLOR="Blue"]Blue [/COLOR]Weber Performer + Craycort CI • [COLOR="red"]Brick Red[/COLOR] Weber One-Touch Platinum • Weber 26.75 Kettle • Akorn Kamado • ET 732 • Record-crushing [COLOR="Orange"][B]ORANGE[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen • UDS In Progress
Foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
morgaj1
is one Smokin' Farker

Here is an easy, healthy recipe. Take a large sheet of aluminum foil. Place salmon filets on foil and season with salt and pepper. On top of the salmon, place sliced fresh onions, fresh mushrooms and fresh spinach (put more spinach than you think because it cooks down a lot). Then, bring the sides of the foil up and make a bowl around the fish and veggies. Pour Sun-dried tomato salad dressing over the top of the salmon and veggies. Bunch the foil up and close it over the top of the fish. Bring your grill up to about 350F and grill over indirect heat for 20 minutes. Comes out perfect every time.

Congress is like 2 drunks arguing about the bar tab on the Titanic.

Last edited by morgaj1; 01-13-2013 at 05:07 PM..
morgaj1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #11
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
Seared ahi, ready in 3 min!
+1. Costco has great tuna steaks. I don't eat out much anymore because the seafood and meats are so good there.

A friend recently gave me a copy of Raichlen's Planet Barbecue. Seems like a nice book with tonsof recipes. My plan is to try and work through as many of them as I can. I was feeling in a bit of a rut after doing the usual wings, chciken, ribs, and butts. Working on doing more fish, lamb, and veggies myself. Like you, we are trying to eat healthy (lost about 70lbs between the two of us last year).
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
caseydog

One of my favorite quick cooks on the grill is chicken wings. I season with Kosher salt and black pepper, and toss them on one of the Webers. If it is just me, I use the SJG. Sometimes I sauce the wings after grilling, and sometimes I just eat them as-is. Great finger food for the patio when the weather is right.

Wings are also a camping dinner for me. I prep them at home, vacuum seal them, and toss them on the SJG at the campsite. Easy to cook, and almost no clean-up after dinner.

Another favorite is bone in pork loin chops, marinaded all day in Stubb's Pork Marinade. I can even start the marinade the night before. I come home from working, and fire up the SJG, pour a drink, and grill up my chops. I can serve it over Minute Rice cooked in the microwave, with some of the marinade, simmered down while the chops cook, as a sauce. It is pretty spicy as a sauce, so if that is not your thing, just use it as the marinade.

There are two quick, super-easy cooks. Either one can be prepped in advance, and turned out in thirty minutes or less.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #13
jorrflv
Knows what a fatty is.

I like doing tri tips and grilled bruschetta. Yum Yum.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #14
Big dawg
Knows what a fatty is.

I would definitely try the fish tacos and or tri tip with grilled asparagus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #15
tb80
Take a breath!

Great ideas guys. Keep them coming.
Casey - I have never cooked wings, that will definitely go on my hit list.