• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Mainely Grillin' and Chillin' Country BBQ State Competition, August 8-9th

Scottie

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I don't remember a roll call going for this one. Who else is going? I'm heading out a little early, so I can eat lobster and chowder... OK, so I can also buy my Harpoon reserves as well...

See you out there! Come and check out my new Red Weber that I am picking up on the way out there...

Scottie

We will be there. We are rolling in late saturday. Whats with the grilling on saturday? What are the categories, too much clicking around on the site to get info.

They have a Top Chefkind of thing and then a People Choice- Wings for Saturday. That's about all I know.... I'm going for the lobster...

I'll be there Friday afternoon. Am doing the people's choice, but not the iron chef.

Kris and I will be pulling in Friday afternoon. We can't wait!!
I've also been in touch with someone from Taylor Lobster about buying some fresh seafood. Here is some prices:

Mike,
We will have reduced wholesale pricing available to the teams at the following:

1 lb. lobsters – 3.99 lb.
1 ¼ lbs. – 3.99 lb.
1 ½ lbs. – 4.99 lb.
Steamer clams - $4.25 lb.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and good luck!

Bret
Taylor Lobster
207-439-1350

Kris and I will be pulling in Friday afternoon. We can't wait!!
I've also been in touch with someone from Taylor Lobster about buying some fresh seafood. Here is some prices:

Mike,
We will have reduced wholesale pricing available to the teams at the following:

1 lb. lobsters – 3.99 lb.
1 ¼ lbs. – 3.99 lb.
1 ½ lbs. – 4.99 lb.
Steamer clams - $4.25 lb.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and good luck!

Bret
Taylor Lobster
207-439-1350

You're killin' me...........

You're killin' me...........

Me too! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Have a great time everyone who is making it out there!

Btw, Scottie--Are you picking up a Red WSM or other model? If so, that is really cool, it will match your Crocs:wink:. I'd like to get mine painted someday...

I'll take plenty of pictures for ya Steph. Right next to a nice Harpoon Summer Ale as well....

A red Weber Kettle Ryan... It's been barn kept and the owner is a little old lady.... :eek:

Attachments

• red weber.jpg
    red weber.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 63
So what's the deal with steamer clams? I've heard alot about them. But this flatlander has never had the pleasure of eating them... I might be stopping by the lostah factory! If anyone is interested, I will have Italian beefs with me. I probably won't be eating them though...

I'll take plenty of pictures for ya Steph. Right next to a nice Harpoon Summer Ale as well....

A red Weber Kettle Ryan... It's been barn kept and the owner is a little old lady.... :eek:

She sure is purdy.:-D

Steamers in my NJ opinion are gross. I go for straight up clams, steamers aka pissers, the name is no good.

She sure is purdy.:-D

It will go nicely with the yellow Homer and the green Egg on my patio.... Glad I don't have to wax it, as it appears she used to do that... Cause it sure is shiny...

I suppose she only cooked on it on Sunday?

Dang...I could really have gotten myself off the hook if they delivered to Harpoon...(stands back far enough so that when Steph swings, he can duck!)

That's what I was thinking, but I am also used to prices here in the Midwest... So who's cooking lobstah and steamers?

Which reminds me... I need to put about 5 pounds of butter in the RV for this trip.... :roll:

Harpoon Redux?:eek:

No, this sure isn't an automatic year like '07...

Plus... We can actually have fun at this contest on Friday and still not have to cook until Saturday.... Ahhh, my kind of contest... Plus, I just won't hang around with that ISS crew... Nothing but bad mojo for me down in that camp!!! Nothing but trouble for me.... :roll:

Back