pullin pork?

bobaftt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
What do you guys use to pull pork? Do yall use the bear claws or do you use rubber gloves? if you use gloves what kind?

I use heavy pvc gloves, with insurts if the pork is real hot.

I have used bear claws in the past, but lately I've switched to rubber gloves. I picked up some waterproof gloves intended for handling chemicals at the local hardware store, and they work great. I still use the bear claws sometimes for moving stuff around, but overall I think a nice set of rubber gloves that come to about mid-forearm are going to be a lot more handy.

I'll use insulated, chemical-resistant, water-proof gloves that I got for around 3 bucks/pair @ Northern Tool. Or sometimes it's the Bear Claws. Depends on how much pulling I'm doing & what's handy to grab at the time. :biggrin:

I use either two forks or a pair of rubber gloves. I've got small hands, so those 'one size fits all' gloves tend to be more of a PITA than anything.... usually start with forks to get the most of it broken up into big pieces, then on to the gloves for fine pulling.

I use gloves so I can take out the fat while I'm pulling.

I use hands and fingers (gloved of course)!:biggrin:

I start with a couple forks but end up using gloves, It takes me a long time to learn.

you know them cheap a$$ plastic gloves... for food service... I just put 2 on each hand... thats what we did as the bbq resturant I managed too :-D

I use a pair of kitchen gloves - the yellow ones people use to wash dishes. I don't put cotton gloves on first, though, so I end up saying "chit" and waving my hands around a lot to cool them off. Then I cuss myself because waving them around doesn't help when they're gloved. Then stick my hands back in and start the process again. I never said I was smart.

I tried the Raichlen gloves but didn't like them (too hard to hold on to stuff) and went back to using two forks. I may give the cheap a$$ plastic gloves a try (like bocephus suggested) and see how they work, because your hands get real tired using the forks after the second or third butt...

Bear claws to pull, food prep gloves to remove fat and pick samples....

I use a pair of kitchen gloves - the yellow ones people use to wash dishes. I don't put cotton gloves on first, though, so I end up saying "chit" and waving my hands around a lot to cool them off. Then I cuss myself because waving them around doesn't help when they're gloved. Then stick my hands back in and start the process again. I never said I was smart.

lol, exactly the same here! Tried the claws, but prefer to do it by hand to get all of the fat out.

Back