• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

pork butt sunday

F

fnnm358

Ok 2 pork butts ready to go and a pan full of charcoal 5:00 light charcoal in pan 5:30 butts on more pron to follow

charcoalpanloaded.jpg

buttsreadytogo.jpg

yes I love ABT's but have been having trouble finding good japs at the moment

Just keeping the cook simple while learning new cooker

I just got up at 5:30am to put my two butts on and its raining...

This is one of those times I'd like a Weber lid for my UDS. The standard issue drum lid collects water in foul weather. Argh!

I see a potential problem. Some of the flavor groves in the "K" are not in the right direction. A couple of beers will help compensate for the misalignment.
charcoalpanloaded.jpg

no rain hear but it was 28 degrees out at 5:00 this morning ... they say it is suppose to rain but we will see ..... I keep my cooker just inside the garage for that purpose

Okay, I'm on board. Stopped raining and I was feeling left out. Plus I wanted to try the hickory chunks I got at wally world the other day. Never tried flavor wood before and was looking for some kind of fruit tree product. But the hickory was too convenient to pass up.

Wife says I smell different. Not my usual smoky fragrance...

I have a special jacket I wear just for smoking and put it on when I need a quick fix and cant cook when smell is gone time to Q again no excuses

ok butts just came off of plateau and are climbing finished pron to follow am going to try and foil one but not the other

Ok this is my first cook on the ECB and I will admit I have some learning to do...... I am used to cooking indirect on my kettle ..... all in all it was a good cook i realy liked the bark ... see following pics and yes I got my greasy finger on the lens.

getting ready to remove from smoker
P1010030.jpg

chunked insted of pulled and I like it that way
P1010032.jpg

my dinner plate
P1010033.jpg

was that all the meat you got from both butts in that pan? I geuss it would depend on how big the chunks are.

was that all the meat you got from both butts in that pan? I geuss it would depend on how big the chunks are.

As I was chopping they eating so alot was gone at the time of the pic ... when you smell the smoke they turn into vultures .... but that does make me feel good cause they enjoy it.

Nothing says your food is good quite like people just reaching into the bowl to grab a sample. Sometimes I don't even bother to plate up the food, just tell them to have at it.

Back