Contest Announcment Mail in your sauces and rubs!!!! Help our the needy

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I own and salon and spa in NJ and we like to do a lot of work with charity and we are always looking for ways to raise money for them. I was sitting around with my manger who loves bbq and she thought about a comp to raise money for needy children during chistmas. I explained with the weather and short amount of time there is no way we can pull this off.

So I have been thinking about an idea to raise a little money and get it done for the holidays.

Here is my idea, everyone make their rub and sauce and mail it in, just a small sample, maybe enough for one thigh and I will get some of my employees to judge them. The entry fee would be twenty dollars with the check written out to the charity (tba). We are all fortunate to have what we have and it is coming to that time to give back.

This is not an actual announcment, just a question of interest. Let me know by response who would be interested in this? We can open it up very quickly.

We will give out trophies to the top three teams and a letter of thanks to everyone who participates.

Help people who need it, it makes you get up a lot easier in the morning.

Thanks everyone,

Matt Ragusa:lol::biggrin:

It sounds interesting,,, I'd give it ago. just have to make sure you know ahead of time what meat you will be trying it out on. Different rubs for different meats.

Hmmmmmmmm, How big is your parking lot? Ragupalooza!

It will be all done by mail and blog on here with pics. My parking lot is huge! I will mail trophies.

Sledneck - I am sure who ever you buy your stuff from will ship direct for you!!!!!!

It will be all done by mail and blog on here with pics. My parking lot is huge! I will mail trophies.

Sledneck - I am sure who ever you buy your stuff from will ship direct for you!!!!!!
My parking lot remark is a hint to have a non-sanctioned contest like we did last year here

Thanks everyone, lets get some more people in, if we can get a good amount of interest, I can get this thing rolling in about two weeks. Get everyone involved, its a great cause. Thanks again.

lets get about 15 more people into this and we can get it a go. We will raise five hundred dollars, that will put some smiles on faces for these kids. Thanks everyone.

Back