My Grandmother's Potato Salad (Photo + Recipe)

Hey everyone, first post on this here forum. I had to jump in on the tater salad/olive thing. My grandmother's recipe is very similar except she used sweet pickle relish (that she made, but jarred is fine) and green olives with pimento. Then the last thing was if it was being served with Q, she would add a little of what ever Q sauce was being used. She would serve it warm or room temp. IMHO it was always better the next day cold (if any was left).

Thank you Sir,
Very similar to what my wife makes, but like others have said the black olives are a new twist. Copied it and added it to our recipe file. She is very excited to try it and I am very excited to sample it.

We both love the family tradition. She still uses her Mother's recipe for fried chicken after doing it for 38 years.

VR,
Harold

And, it's good warm even before the flavors meld together. Mine has onions with, youngest son who has to work tonight, I have set some aside without onions. It's still good!! I could make this a meal with some fresh green beans on the side, and a piece of cornbread!! Had large olives, so had to slice them in half.

Do you have any more of your grandmother's recipes that you would like to share?

Yes, the penny roll and walnut fudge recipes. I'll post them soon--they are both great. I think I shared how she makes fried chicken here in another thread--just search: "bbqgeekess fried chicken". I need to talk to her on the phone again for her baguette, enchilada, lemon meringue pie recipes--along with some others.

Hey everyone, first post on this here forum. I had to jump in on the tater salad/olive thing. My grandmother's recipe is very similar except she used sweet pickle relish (that she made, but jarred is fine) and green olives with pimento. Then the last thing was if it was being served with Q, she would add a little of what ever Q sauce was being used. She would serve it warm or room temp. IMHO it was always better the next day cold (if any was left).

I love green olives with pimento in potato salad as well. :)

I personally also like adding in some herbs like chives, parsley, dill weed etc.. for variation.

Yes, the penny roll and walnut fudge recipes. I'll post them soon--they are both great. I think I shared how she makes fried chicken here in another thread--just search: "bbqgeekess fried chicken". I need to talk to her on the phone again for her baguette, enchilada, lemon meringue pie recipes--along with some others.

One of my first memories of my Mom's cooking was her Lemon Meringue Pie. I never recorded any of her recipes. I'd have an easier time finding a unicorn than her recipe for Meatloaf.

Wow that looks delicious - excellent getting that recipe from your grandmother. At 98 my grandmother was still making her sweet potatoes for us every Thanksgiving, I made sure to get the recipe from her a couple of years ago so that I could preserve it in the family and continue the tradition.

Back