Jack Daniel's Whiskey Barrel Charcoal w/ Smoker Blocks

C

Cajunator

I ran to Tractor Supply this morning to get some chicken feed and other stuff and of course if a store has grilling or BBQ stuff I have to check out what they have. Well, they had Jack Daniel's Whiskey Barrel Charcoal w/ Smoker Blocks 6.8 lb bags regulary $5.99 for $2.99 clearance priced. I snagged two bags but after I left I wished I had gotten more. If you guys like this stuff and have a Tractor Supply near you, check it out to see if it's clearance priced there too. Good stuff! It has real chunks of whiskey barrel staves in the bag for smoking.

Yep. I love that stuff with beef. There's a large ratio of wood in the bags too which can be saved separately for later uses.

I've seen the wood chips, but not the charcoal. I'll have to check around because that sounds like it would be nice to try.

I was at a garden center a while ago and saw that they had old whiskey barrels folks use for gardens and water gardens. I saw a broken one. I asked how much it was. I paid three bucks for a half of a barrel. I took it home and cut into one of the pieces with my miter box. I smelled sweet whiskey, saw the soak line, and have made the pieces of wood a part of my regular smoking wood.
Old whiskey barrels my friends. That's where it's at.

I was at a garden center a while ago and saw that they had old whiskey barrels folks use for gardens and water gardens. I saw a broken one. I asked how much it was. I paid three bucks for a half of a barrel. I took it home and cut into one of the pieces with my miter box. I smelled sweet whiskey, saw the soak line, and have made the pieces of wood a part of my regular smoking wood.
Old whiskey barrels my friends. That's where it's at.

Lucky dog!

I have used the Jack Daniels Barrel Chips and the pellets. They do smell great when burning, but I don't think my tastebuds are refined enough to notice a flavor difference.

Great score though!

I wonder whether soaking wood chips in bourbon would be worth a try

Back