• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Stayed up late...(Brisket pRon)

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
It's been a while since I cooked a brisket and yesterday I decided to correct that. I got a late start and didn't get the meat on the pit until noon. I was running the pit at 210-220. After six hours I decided to foil in hopes of speeding things up a bit.

At midnight, it still wasn't quite done, so I stayed up watching "Iron Man". Around 1:30 it started to rain, so I preheated the oven to 250, put the wrapped brisket in it, I turned off the oven, and went to bed.

When I woke up at 6:00, the brisket was still very warm. Here are a few pics of my dinner tonight:
Brisket
picture.php

Burnt Ends
picture.php

Not bad for being out of practice.

David
The Swine Spectator

Not bad at all, looks quite good. I was just saying to another Brethren that I need to do a brisket cook to keep my hand up.

I have to say that these were the best burnt ends I have ever had. They were very tender, but held together well. They had an awesome beefy flavor, too.

Those burnt ends do look great. Honestly I've never made burnt ends but after seeing yours I'm definitely going to.

Incredible smoke ring! I understand late starts, my cook today started two hours later than planned. Looks like you had a fantastic meal there.

Back