Brisket experiment Idea.

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
While I was sitting here snacking on some pastrami and burnt ends I had an idea about cooking brisket this weekend. Here's the plan...

1. Inject and rub brisket as normal.
2. Smoke brisket to 160 with pan underneath to catch juices
3. Mix juices with more injection mix.
4. Inject with new mix, rub again and wrap in foil.
5. Cook to 190, Cooler for at least an hour.

Any idea on what the results might be like?

This actually sounds pretty good, but won't the rending of fat allow the injection to leak right out? Hell, it's still worth a try.

Worth a try. I do wonder if poking it at that point will let the juices that are already in there leak out.

Bob and I are thinking alike. But what the hell, give it a try. You won't know til you try it.

Worth a try. I do wonder if poking it at that point will let the juices that are already in there leak out.

I figure that juices are coming out anyway. If there is more liquid when it goes back in the cooker, more is likely to stay in the meat. Fatcap on the bottom should keep some liquid in.

Good point. There would be more liquid when it's in the foil. I say try it, and if you don't like it, then send me the leftovers via UPS overnight. I'll take them off your hands.

On that note, it would even be a good idea to suck up the floating fat off the juices with the injector and put it back into the brisket too. Mo fat, mo flava!

You might stain the meat and have sploches in the slices. But like has been said worth a try.

You seem to have caused the interest level to raise. When will this experiment take place? And of course it need not be mentioned that Photographic evidence will be needed.

I know of a few teams that re-inject and re-rub brisket during the cook. They keep doing it so they must be happy with the results.

You seem to have caused the interest level to raise. When will this experiment take place? And of course it need not be mentioned that Photographic evidence will be needed.

I think a video presentation would be more in order.:-D

My guess is you'll have a brisket that looks like you sliced it with a shotgun.

That happened the first coupla times I injected. I was adding worchestershire powder and worchestershire sauce to my injection mix. I ended up with black dots in my slices.

Dryness has never been a problem with my brisket. Neither has tenderness. I'm more likely to overcook a brisket (usually by finishing too early and leaving it in the cooler too long) than under cook it. When that happens, the edges of my slices crumble. While it is still tasty, most judges will knock it on appearance and tenderness.

My goal is to boost the flavor profile from "Hey this is good!" to "Oh my God! I just had a meatgasm!"

That happened the first coupla times I injected. I was adding worchestershire powder and worchestershire sauce to my injection mix. I ended up with black dots in my slices.

Dryness has never been a problem with my brisket. Neither has tenderness. I'm more likely to overcook a brisket (usually by finishing too early and leaving it in the cooler too long) than under cook it. When that happens, the edges of my slices crumble. While it is still tasty, most judges will knock it on appearance and tenderness.

My goal is to boost the flavor profile from "Hey this is good!" to "Oh my God! I just had a meatgasm!"

He just said "Meatgasm"...Huh Huh:lol:

While I was sitting here snacking on some pastrami and burnt ends I had an idea about cooking brisket this weekend. Here's the plan...

1. Inject and rub brisket as normal.
2. Smoke brisket to 160 with pan underneath to catch juices
3. Mix juices with more injection mix.
4. Inject with new mix, rub again and wrap in foil.
5. Cook to 190, Cooler for at least an hour.

Any idea on what the results might be like?

Perhaps a tastier, brisket:wink:

Back