Sysco... What the CRAP!!!

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was just told by my Sysco Rep they will only do $500 or above orders... That SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Do will call, and pick it up yourself.

Closest pick up is 2 hours away... My Rep said they will NOT drop ship anymore for no one no matter what... Cause the driver was reliable for orders dropped shipped and if you did not like it... it came out of his paycheck?>???

They really don't care about the small business. They are only concerned with volume. Do you have any other options in your area?

My Sysco has a 20 case minimum order. I am only able to order a few times a year and meet that amount and when I do it is usually $1200 plus. I told them it is hard to place a $1200 order to do an $800 catering gig. I'd be tickled with a $500 minimum though, just hope they stay that way and don't go higher.

You guys should check out Reinhart or US Foodservice. They are good at helping out he little guy.

For the OP, I see you're in Kentucky, which I think is still GFS (Gordon Food Service) territory. Have you tried them? They are also good with smaller volume operations, and like Sysco, also have "marketplace" locations for pickup.

They are a huge operation and while I hate it for you, they have decided that it's not profitable to deal with the small guy. I wouldn't like it either but just like Sysco we get to set our prices and make our own business decisions. That's what I like about being in business for myself!

They really don't care about the small business. They are only concerned with volume. Do you have any other options in your area?

How about you sell me a pulled pork sammy for say $7, and delv to me 30 min a way. Just not enough sales to make it worth while is it?
Its not that they don't care- they do.
They need to make money like any other company :wink:

How about you sell me a pulled pork sammy for say $7, and delv to me 30 min a way. Just not enough sales to make it worth while is it?

Not true, they drive right by me 3 trips a day and won't pull in to the parking lot for a $600 order.

Not true, they drive right by me 3 trips a day and won't pull in to the parking lot for a $600 order.

I guess you can't argue that :tsk:.
What about piggybacking you order with somebody else's close to you?

food quality at sysco around here has been on a steady decline.. we placed and order a few weeks ago and got alot of complaints on the quality of the meat. I was nto surprised, since when i opened the packages my first reaction was 'this looks like crap'. The end buyer noticed too.

I guess you can't argue that :tsk:.
What about piggybacking you order with somebody else's close to you?

I do it with items I can not get elsewhere but I feel like a burden to the restaurant people. I live 69 miles from Sams Club and make one trip a week for my supplies. It costs me $28 in gas and 3 hours of my time. I have tried other suppliers but they all need my order 8-10 days in advance and then they charge me pretty much retail for everything so why use them. Sure wish I had better answers.

Their business is to DELIVER food to restaurants. They are not even trying to work out a solution for smaller customers.

Back