New Jack Daniels qualifier in Europe

BritToby

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
A quick announcement for any European Brethren followers.

After months of work in the background I am now pleased to announce that The International BBQ Network (IBQN) has been granted an additional place for the Jack Daniels Invitational, Lynchburg, Tennessee.

This is a truly unique opportunity as it is not restricted to British teams. I am therefore pleased to announce that the Big BBQ, Essex, UK will be hosting the “IBQN European BBQ Championships” 22nd & 23rd June.

This competition is open to all European countries and the overall winner will win the prestigious place at the Jack.

The IBQN European BBQ Championships will follow the same rules and judging procedures as our PitMasters series of competitions. Rules can be found here http://ibqn.com/?page_id=115 please remember the IBQN site is under construction and other areas are not ready.

Our goal has always been to put forward the best of the best to compete at all invitational competitions. In 2012 someone will be crowned IBQN European Champion and be able to hold their head high when they take on the best the world has to offer at the Jack Daniels Invitational in October.

Further information will be posted next week including entry fees, prizes etc

Congratulations on your efforts. I'll be meeting the Miss Piggy's team when they visit a contest here in April.

Benny

Congratulations on your efforts. I'll be meeting the Miss Piggy's team when they visit a contest here in April.

Benny

Thanks Benny, Miss Piggys are great ambassadors for BBQ over here and an all round good bunch, i have no doubt that you will have a laugh when you meet them!
Cheers
Toby

I still can't get to The Jack from here.

I still can't get to The Jack from here.

But you do have over one hundred opportunities to be put into the draw to qualify in the States. We only have 2 spots 1 for the UK and 1 for the whole of Europe.

But you do have over one hundred opportunities to be put into the draw to qualify in the States. We only have 2 spots 1 for the UK and 1 for the whole of Europe.

Sounds like good odds to me, may have to consider a British passport. :becky:

One up on me, cant compete over here because I wouldnt want to call the integrity of the PitMasters circuit into question, and as things stand i do not think internationals (outside the US and Canada) can be entered into an invitational draw in the states.

But all said and done, I enjoy knowing that alot of people get the benefit from what I am doing. Its going to be a great year!

It is indeed.:cool: Loads of BBQ in the UK and growing each year.

Fantastic achievement for all the hard work put in Toby!
Hi Benny:wave: not long now until Miss Piggys are in their first U.S. competition can't wait to meet you.

Scott.

Back