MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
Enkidu
Take a breath!

Default Maverick Industries -- YOU ROCK!!!

I just got my replacement food probe today from Maverick free of charge despite the fact that it failed after the expiration of the 90-day warranty. No hassle, no fight, heck... I didn't even need to ask for them to do it... I had actually called to order a new one and they just offered to send me a new one for free.

I'll tell you what... I have no qualms now about buying a second Maverick ET-732!

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Glad to see someone still stands behind their products ...
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
cb4004
Knows what a fatty is.

I just had my second smoker probe start failing on mine, like you experienced they sent me a replacement when my first one went no questions asked, we’ll see how the second one goes. I've only had mine for a month 4-5 cooks, not abusing the probes at all actually being careful with them. Think it just hit a bad production run... i don't know, I just want something reliable. Maybe at this price point I’m asking too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
I just got my replacement food probe today from Maverick free of charge despite the fact that it failed after the expiration of the 90-day warranty. No hassle, no fight, heck... I didn't even need to ask for them to do it... I had actually called to order a new one and they just offered to send me a new one for free.

I'll tell you what... I have no qualms now about buying a second Maverick ET-732!
cb4004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
Fireburd
Knows what a fatty is.

What was going on with the probes? Reading high, low, or not reading at all?

Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Enkidu
Take a breath!

I feel you cb... my food probe died mid cook a few weeks back and I took really good care of it and have only had it since July. That said, despite the probe being past the 90-day warranty period, Maverick replaced it immediately upon my calling them. I called them on the afternoon of the 28th and my probe arrived today. That is pretty good customer service if you asked me.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #6
BBQdisciple
Full Fledged Farker

I've posted a couple different times in this forum, but I burned a probe out on an ET 73 ( they only go up to 400), and called Maverick and told the lady what happened and she just asked for my address and sent me out a new one, had it in 5 days.

Been using the same gear dependably for over a year now, I used to be lucky if a digital system lasted more than 10 cooks.

Great company I will always look their way first when making a purchase.
BBQdisciple is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #7
PatAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post

Good on ya', LA! Hope this one works!

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #8
PatAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQdisciple View Post
I've posted a couple different times in this forum, but I burned a probe out on an ET 73 ( they only go up to 400), and called Maverick and told the lady what happened and she just asked for my address and sent me out a new one, had it in 5 days.

Been using the same gear dependably for over a year now, I used to be lucky if a digital system lasted more than 10 cooks.

Great company I will always look their way first when making a purchase.
Brother, step yourself up to the 732. You'll never go back. And, you'll throw that '73 away that's been pissing you off!!

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #9
Happy Hapgood

Name/Nickname : Mike

My 732 is a Might Thang! Glad to hear of good CS!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote