backyard comp

big blue bbq

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I have a semi ethical question.:icon_blush: If you have done one full competition, can you ever do a backyard comp? We have 4 members of the team and two of them have just started new jobs and won't be able to go to the next comp we had planned. I have church on Saturday nights and am in leadership so I can't stay for clean up on Saturday. The deal was I go for set up on Friday because I am on salary and have had the same job 10 years and am the teachers pet. This being the case, we could take me and one member, just take is ECB and a card table and one box of stuff, cook some chicken and ribs. He could do a easy clean up, and I could probably help a little with tear down since we will be done by 1:00 with turn ins. Does one comp make you inelligible for this? The rules for that specific comp do not state anything on this subject. I know some say no professional teams in backyard. Then again, I don't want to try to take a call if lucky enough to get one from someone that may never do a full comp.

:?: :?: :?:
Any help will be appreciated.

I don't see a problem with it, Im sure there are plenty of backyard guys who could and probably should very well be in the pro's but don't have the equipment or money or whatever like the rest of us. I'd say if you wanted to enter a backyard go ahead. I think your probably concerned for nothing. I see no ethics violation here.

Go for it. Did you make big bucks at the one competition that you did? If not, guess what. You are an amateur. Not that there is anything wrong with that. If you did win big bucks, then congrats! Still compete in the back yard thing.

I'll bet that they just don't want guys coming around with 20,000 dollar cookers.

I cook in a backyard contest every year. There have been 5 of us for the last three years. Its cheap and fun. We kick the snot out of each other every year. Those backyarders will knock you out when you are in their backyard.

Back