MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:57 PM   #1
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Default How's Your Food Truck Sales Going

We'll be taking the food truck out this weekend for the first time amid all this COVID-19 stuff and wondered how those who have been going how would compare sales during these times as compared to the past?

We've lost every catering job we had on the booked through June 12th and Virginia is now on lockdown but people can travel out for food. We gotta try to get a little income so we are going to see what happens this weekend. My US Foods rep told me today that out od 79 of his accounts only 13 are operating and that the ones running food trucks seem to be doing much better than most. He also said the pizza joints were selling very good (only done 20% on average)

Old 04-02-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
Hayduke
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Rusty

I would love to see some strategies on where to park and the like. Truck stops are illegal to park in, but I have known folks who set up outside them and do good. Also, we are looking to hit up construction sites and even apartment complexes.

Head Cook of [URL="https://www.instagram.com/saltcitybarbecue/"]Salt City Barbecue Competition Team[/URL]

Pitmaster @ [URL="https://banderabrisket.com/"]Bandera Barbecue[/URL]
Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #3
ynotfehc
Full Fledged Farker

Plan to get started next week. A few of the breweries I usually go to are still letting trucks come out and serve as they sell carry-out beer. One of my corporate partners is still actively working with their clients and sounds like has some catering prospects. Otherwise I'm trying to work with a couple commercial property owners that have empty buildings to allow me to park in their lots and sell. Got 1 lined up and a 2nd that seems close. Online ordering is about ready and going to put out some social media blasts this weekend announcing schedule and ordering options. Offering both bulk/family style and individual options.
ynotfehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 04-05-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
BigDaveBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Dave

I am in a BBQ catering facebook page and gthere are people doing better now than they were while there was no covid 19. Make sure you offer family packs, pre orders, and allow people to just drive by and pick it up. Use all your social medias to the maximum. Make sure to use all the hashtags you can. People are selling out in 2 hours. You can do it.
BigDaveBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:19 PM   #5
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

So an update for those who are thinking about going out with the barbecue trucks. We ended on Friday and Saturday at a spot we have set up at for over 10 years and both days exceeded our average sales at this spot. For us, it appears like running the food truck is a good option with no catering to be had.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:24 AM   #6
BigDaveBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMTN View Post
So an update for those who are thinking about going out with the barbecue trucks. We ended on Friday and Saturday at a spot we have set up at for over 10 years and both days exceeded our average sales at this spot. For us, it appears like running the food truck is a good option with no catering to be had.
Communities are really supporting local. If you utilize your advertising on social media correctly, you can sell double your normal sales.
BigDaveBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:40 PM   #7
Big Andy
Take a breath!

We have a guy that brings in food to our factory every Wed. He goes to others on different days. He wasn't there today I guess because of a spike in local cases. Just throwing out a suggestion for something new maybe to try.
Big Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:03 PM   #8
ynotfehc
Full Fledged Farker

Not quite done with my first day out at a new location, but it has been a fairly decent day. Slowed down of course after 230, but starting to pick up again for dinner. And I was told by 3 ppl that I saved them from another meal at McDonald's. How much more essential can you get?
ynotfehc is offline   Reply With Quote