MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
brockportbbqfest
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Brockport BBQ and Music Festival July 30-August 1st

Ok ladies and gents... we are up to 21 Teams and still wanting more for our first event. We are a State Championship, a Royal Qualifier, and Jack Draw Event. We are part of the Empire State Championship Series and have a NEBS, Kids 'QUe, and Chili Cook-Off at our event. Prize money is $5,000 for the weekend. We are raising money for the Wilmot Cancer Center.

www.brockportbbqfest.com and www.brockportartsfestival.com

We have a judging class on Thursday the 29th at 5pm.

Let us know if your in on our event!!

Also looking for a few cooks to do some cooking demos for the crowd. Show em how to really 'Que. If you are interested email me at [email protected]
brockportbbqfest is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2010, 05:29 AM   #2
brockportbbqfest
Knows what a fatty is.

I feel like Quasimodo the hunchback of Notre Dame. Anybody coming to our event? lol

We are the only KCBS Event EAST of Indiana next weekend. We are benefiting the Wilmot Cancer Center.

We also have a few spots in our judging class on July 29th.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
Red Valley BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Sean

We are coming and psyched about being there!!!!

Old 07-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
HandsomeSwede
Full Fledged Farker

21 teams for a first year comp is good in the northeast the weekend after Harpoon is pretty good.
HandsomeSwede is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
brockportbbqfest
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Still Room JULY 31 and AUG 1st

Still got room for a couple more teams for KCBS and a few others for NEBS on Sunday! Love to have you guys! www.brockportbbqfest.com

www.brockportbbqfest.com

One of our 23 teams is going to go to the American Royal and get a chance to compete in the Jack!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

I know we will be there!!!! Thats all that matters!

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
Red Valley BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Good luck to all the teams competing and we are looking forward to rubbing elbows with the new and old teams.

Is there any place nearby to dock a boat? A friend may come in from Niagara Falls and wants to bring his boat.

Last edited by Red Valley BBQ; 07-28-2010 at 07:36 PM..
Red Valley BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #8
brockportbbqfest
Knows what a fatty is.

We have the canal, which we will be right next too. The Docks on Main Street are about a 10 min walk away. Look forward to having you at the event. Should be LOTS of fun!

Old 07-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
DickQ
Knows what a fatty is.

We will be there...Starting to pack the trailer this afternoon! Looking foward to it. Looks like good weather too!!!!!

Custom built 6 rack rotisserie stick burner
Custom built pellet burn insulated vertical
Custom built charcoal gravity feed vertical
Backwoods Party
Weber 22" WSM
Weber kettle
BBQ Gurus
DickQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
HandsomeSwede
Full Fledged Farker

80 and Sunny with no humidity, doesn't get much better in Upstate NY

Old 07-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
HONCHO GREGORY
Knows what a fatty is.

I am coming to visit eveybody, Wish I could cook but $$$ and time are killin me
I was going to the Judging class today, But my muffler fell of the van and I missed a ride with Fill-Up BBQ. Just a real bad day. So I stoped for BBQ and all was better.

So when my wife gets home from the Doctor's office I'm stealin her truck,,, Shhh
I'll help out anyway I can, I'm lookin forward to seein old friends and meetin new ones.
HONCHO GREGORY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #12
Red Valley BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONCHO GREGORY View Post
I'll help out anyway I can
Are you any good at putting green boxes?? I loathe them, so the job is yours if you want it. We can only offer cold beverages and leftover Q as payment.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #13
HandsomeSwede
Full Fledged Farker

Make that 77 and sunny with 55 at night. Good Jim Beam weather. Packing up as we speak.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #14
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

good luck to everyone this weekend.

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #15
HandsomeSwede
Full Fledged Farker

Well, so far it's a parking lot and there is not a KCBS rep to be found to inspect a brother's meat. Great.