Big Pig Jig ????

jgbmgb

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We are heading down to the Big Pig Jig the first weekend in Nov. and were wondering who else from the Brethren were going either to compete or just to chill for the weekend like us???!!!!! We are very much looking forward to it. We have never been before this year and we hear it's a great festival!!!

LOTS of BIG barbecue teams. All in one gigantic field. The field, if warm enough, IS full of ants. I'd judged for a few years but then so many judges came that the last year I judged I only had 1 draw; on-site ribs, and of my 3 teams only 1 showed up, so I traveled a few hours only to sample 1 rib. The next year they wanted to charge me for the honor. No thanks. The next time I go it'll be as a team member, and due to very limited funds that wont be this year, and unlikely to be next year...

Go and have fun!!!

My wife and I were hoping to judge this event, but instead we will be judging in Waycross, GA at the "National Barbecue Festival". Thought we'd try this one even though it is un-sanctioned by a recognized organization (sponsored by the "National Barbecue News" and other orgs). Teams in the top 10 ranking in each of the major sanctioning organizations throughout the USA are invited to compete in the "Best of the Best" comp on Friday and then there will be an "open" competition on Saturday. Should be LOTS of fun and some GOOD stuff!

GOOD LUCK with the Big Pig Jig!!! Maybe we'll see you there next year.

Back