Chili Today, Hot Tamale; a big ole pot of Texas Red

thanks for the kind words guys. I would love to hear some feedback on this.

I really appreciate this thread. Thanks for all the work and explanation it took to put together. You give me several new ideas to consider and absorb.

I had read about pureeing the beans and want to try that next time I make chili - I'm not a big fan of beans and this looks like a great way to get the benefits of beans without the texture ick factor that gets me.

The Tortilla crumbs - corn or flour?

Well written chingador, I always enjoy seeing a new perspective on the art of creating the ultimate pot of red. I am sending my brothers in Houston a request to send me a bottle of the Fiesta pinto bean seasoning and maybe some more ranch style beans. (I have one can left from my last visit, usually just serve that on the side for folks that have to have beans with their chili....) I am familiar with all the other spices except for the Aleppo pepper, hope to find that locally. Nice job, great looking pot of Texas Red and I am sure it tastes even better.!!

I had read about pureeing the beans and want to try that next time I make chili - I'm not a big fan of beans and this looks like a great way to get the benefits of beans without the texture ick factor that gets me.

The Tortilla crumbs - corn or flour?

corn tortilla crumbs for sure. Like I mentioned in the post, if you cannot find the crumbs, just buy some corn tortilla chips and grind them up in a food processor or blender.

Oh, and once again, it got the thumbs down from my wife as well as my mother in law. Too spicy. I am starting to believe that they just don't like chili. Either that or I have a huge tolerance to peppers.

Back