• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hatch Green Chile Sausage...Pron

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Cubed up around 16 lbs of butt on Friday night and let in marinade till Saturday morning in some apple juice, wooster and soy. Then went about and added fresh onion, garlic, cilantro, roasted green chiles, a few spices and then went from there.
Links09010.jpg

Links09013.jpg

Links09014.jpg

Links09019.jpg

Links09028.jpg

Links09029.jpg

Links09032.jpg

Links09036.jpg

My Right Hand Assistant. He cranks the stuffer and uses the stuffer tube to push down the meat in the grinder. And he eats plenty of the final product.
Links09037.jpg

In all it was about 37 links plus the larger one at the bottom(Dinner for Tomorrow) and the package that was not stuffed. That was cooked up yesterday and we had it with crackers, pickled japs and carrots and pickled hot cauliflower during the evening. Good stuff. Just enough heat and a fresh taste. Can't beat two packs of butts for .78 a lb.

Njoy!

Dang Bob, it looks fantastic! Hatch chiles are my favorite. Your assistant is a cutie too!! :-D Nice job!! :cool:

Bob, don't tell the Mrs, or my Mr. for that matter, but I think I'm in love :)

I won't. My son has that effect on women! It's that boyish smile of his.:-D:wink:
Lookin' good Bob! Where do you get your sausage making supplies/equipment?
I bought the stuffer online. It's a 5qt. Grizzly brand stuffer. grizzly.com or 18005234777. Not a bad stuffer for the price and works for me since I don't make links all that often. The grinder is a Waring. Pretty much find it anywhere. And the casings I'm lucky enought to find at Academyt Sports around this time of year because of hunting season. Otherwise, they don't have em, so I try to stock up when they have em.

looks great! never thought about marinating the meat before grinding. will add that to my list of things to do!

Hope i get some of those in my Christmas stocking :-D
Your son is growing up fast!

Paul

Back