THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Oh, I love Pastrami but have never made it myself. So, my wife got a Corned Beef and wanted to boil it in the juice in the bag. I said wait a minute, I am trying to watch my sodium intake so how about I take care of this one....
So, I soaked it in a big pan of water with a chopped up potato and I changed the water every 12 hours for 2 days. Then I cleaned the beef up by taking the fat off one side. For a rub, I used Thirdeye's suggestion from his website.
Then I put it on my egg at 240 until it hit 165 internal (which was about 4 hours), then I foiled it in an airtight (see picture) double wrapped sealing for another 4 hours. Then one hour in an ice chest still wrapped in the foil sitting next to a pot of water that had just been boiling.

Here's the result and I thought it was Farking awesome.

The first you see is the foiled corned beef after 3 hours. I make a real tight seal to keep in the 1/4 cup of beef broth.
foiled.jpg

The next pic you will see the nice pepper rub. I used quite a bit more ground pepper than recommended by Thirdeye.
halfsliced.jpg

And here is the sliced up Pastrami just falling apart delicious! Dang, I can't wait to have a Rueben tomorrow!
sliced.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

thanks for posting. looks amazing and i'm starving. could use a sandwich right now!!!

and my butts won't probably be ready until lunch or later tomorrow.

THANK YOU!
I'd say that is dinner tomorrow, but I have heard about the 2 day water soak before.
So I will scoff up some post St. Pats Corned beef and start this process.

Dang! That looks fantastic:clap2:

You've been putting up some great pron sir! That meat looks like it doesn't need a whole lot of help if any at all. :thumb:

Back