• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

E coli in BBQ restaurant

In my other thread I talk about having insurance. Won't that protect them?

At worst, can't they just start a new LLC and keep cooking?

I presume they had insurance, otherwise the law firms wouldn't be bothering with them....

There was a pretty substantial E. coli outbreak a few years ago due to improperly treated water being used to rinse or irrigate spinach (don't recall which) grown in the Salinas, CA area. Nasty stuff.

In my other thread I talk about having insurance. Won't that protect them?

At worst, can't they just start a new LLC and keep cooking?

I presume they had insurance, otherwise the law firms wouldn't be bothering with them....

I guess it would depend on their liability coverage in their plan, but you would hope so.

They have re-opened and are selling again. Brad may be able to better verify this, but my understanding is that it's not in the same location and I do believe it's the next town over. His business is still not even close to what it was prior though.

These drink stations that restaurants put out so that you can serve yourself....they are huge breeding grounds for nasty bacteria.

Folks, wake up. People are nasty. Nasty as hell. I see it all the time. People leaving public restrooms without even thinking about washing their hands. Next thing you know, they are digging through the lids, straws, lemons, ketchup, mayo packets and forks/spoons/knives at the drink stations.

THAT can put a restaurant out of business? Not if the restaurant doesn't have that...

Another thing....these stupid plastic baskets with a piece of wax paper in them. Nothing but asking for trouble.

These drink stations that restaurants put out so that you can serve yourself....they are huge breeding grounds for nasty bacteria.

Folks, wake up. People are nasty. Nasty as hell. I see it all the time. People leaving public restrooms without even thinking about washing their hands. Next thing you know, they are digging through the lids, straws, lemons, ketchup, mayo packets and forks/spoons/knives at the drink stations.

THAT can put a restaurant out of business? Not if the restaurant doesn't have that...

Another thing....these stupid plastic baskets with a piece of wax paper in them. Nothing but asking for trouble.

....oh, and never eat the bar nuts. Just sayin.

BBQ Shack

I've eaten there and wrote about the BBQ shack in a review I did. The owner couldn't have been nicer and was so proud to show me his operation.
The food was some of the best BBQ and stew I've had in the North Georgia area.
I would go back in a heartbeat to eat their BBQ. I hope they survive and can move on from this unfortunate incident.

If the lines from the bar aren't clean the whole soda area can grow bacteria. You also have to clean the ice machine regularly.

Back