MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
Uncle JJ
Full Fledged Farker

Default KJ = Wicked Good??

Went to Ace yesterday, and asked for the Wicked Good lump. They said Kamado Joe bought Wicked. Told me the KJ is now the same as the old Wicked. Has anyone heard this before? Not sure if I'm getting BS'd by the ACE folks....
Uncle JJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
Kenny Rogers
Full Fledged Farker

Yep... in fact KJ has been distributing as Wicked for some time..

Old 06-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
oldbill
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle JJ View Post
Went to Ace yesterday, and asked for the Wicked Good lump. They said Kamado Joe bought Wicked. Told me the KJ is now the same as the old Wicked. Has anyone heard this before? Not sure if I'm getting BS'd by the ACE folks....
So is Wicked Good still available at Ace?

Old 06-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
Uncle JJ
Full Fledged Farker

Well, they do sell the KJ, which is supposedly Wicked, so I guess the answer is yes. But it doesn't say Wicked on the bag.
Uncle JJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
aawa
Babbling Farker

Wicked Good is no longer available for stores to get from their distibution warehouses. I picked up the last 4 bags from my local ACE and the manager saw that I had them. He told me that they are no longer going to carry Wicked Good but carry Kamado Joe.

Brethren JMSeltzer does a bunch of reviews on his Kamado Joe cookers and has a really good relationship with the company. He has confirmed that Kamado Joe has the same suppliers as Wicked Good for their lump charcoal.

Once I am running low on charcoal I plan picking up a bag of Kamado Joe Lump to give it a side by side comparison to Wicked Good.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
oldbill
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aawa View Post
Wicked Good is no longer available for stores to get from their distibution warehouses. I picked up the last 4 bags from my local ACE and the manager saw that I had them. He told me that they are no longer going to carry Wicked Good but carry Kamado Joe.

Brethren JMSeltzer does a bunch of reviews on his Kamado Joe cookers and has a really good relationship with the company. He has confirmed that Kamado Joe has the same suppliers as Wicked Good for their lump charcoal.

Once I am running low on charcoal I plan picking up a bag of Kamado Joe Lump to give it a side by side comparison to Wicked Good.
That's "wicked good" to know! I wonder if pricing will be about the same?

Old 06-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbill View Post
That's "wicked good" to know! I wonder if pricing will be about the same?
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...uctId=21529906

Old 06-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
jmoney7269
Banned

Thank god! Every GC and 1st place finish was cooked on wicked good this year. Our last Cookoff we couldn't get any so u just used b&b, WHAMBOOM nothing. Gotta blame gettin my ass kicked on something lol
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #9
Jon David
Knows what a fatty is.

Honestly I wasn't all that impressed with the KJ lump I got with my grill. I got 5 bags free with my grill and I still have 3 left. The pieces were huge, biggest was 11" long. The other bag looked like straight ash. I started using RO then switched to Cowboy. Best I have used so far.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Hmmmmm

tempting

I have been waiting for this to show up on their website..

Hmmmm
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote