• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

500 Gal Propane Tank Pit Build

Looking great..... Mine is still there just haven't figured it up on how to fill it with 1000 gallons of water without breaking the bank.

Fire Hydrant... :cop: Just kidding! Remember water weighs a little over 8 lbs a gallon so it will weigh over 8000 lbs when full!

Fire Hydrant... :cop: Just kidding! Remember water weighs a little over 8 lbs a gallon so it will weigh over 8000 lbs when full!

I have contacted the H2O company to see if I can get e temp meter on our hydrant and it is no big deal but I am skeereded at what 1000 gallons of water is gonna cost me. I still have a plan just going slow.

Looking great..... Mine is still there just haven't figured it up on how to fill it with 1000 gallons of water without breaking the bank.

:twisted:
ImageGen.ashx

Seriously though have you considered getting it welded to the trailer then pulling it to a near by construction site? Those guys pay water rates when they hook up to a line and are metered so I bet you cold get lucky and catch a contractor willing to sell you a bit of water. Hey even if it partly full you can top it up at home as and when you are able to... saves your transmission from stressing out too.

what do you people pay for water? around here filling that tank would cost $4.00 max.

another trick would be a little water and dry ice to force the flammable gases out of the tank. if you could get the dry ice in in the first place, but this is what we would do when i worked removing/cutting burried fuel tanks.

but seriously, how much does water cost in MO.?

edit: i just looked it up, and from what i can see online, st louis charges 1.77 per 100cuft which would convert to about 2.25 for 1000 gallons. why not just use your garden hose and buy one less Bud after work, should about cover it.:-D

Now I can call the water Company and have a meter put on a hydrant. That is no problem. The Tank weighs 1,600 lbs empty. Thanks for the idea!

what do you people pay for water? around here filling that tank would cost $4.00 max.

another trick would be a little water and dry ice to force the flammable gases out of the tank. if you could get the dry ice in in the first place, but this is what we would do when i worked removing/cutting burried fuel tanks.

but seriously, how much does water cost in MO.?

edit: i just looked it up, and from what i can see online, st louis charges 1.77 per 100cuft which would convert to about 2.25 for 1000 gallons. why not just use your garden hose and buy one less Bud after work, should about cover it.:-D

Water is a little more complicated here. It is also tied to your sewer bill. The more water you use the higher the sewer bill. But true water itself is not that expensive.

Water is a little more complicated here. It is also tied to your sewer bill. The more water you use the higher the sewer bill. But true water itself is not that expensive.

if you are a customer of MSD and thier online rates are correct the sewer charge for the 1000 gallons of water would only be about $2.50. so you are talking less than $5.00 for the operation.

The Tank weighs 1,600 lbs empty. Thanks for the idea!
DOH!! :shocked: No you don't want to be towing that tank around half full with no baffles to boot. I should think before I post sometimes.:doh:

:becky:Sorry Ash

DOH!! :shocked: No you don't want to be towing that tank around half full with no baffles to boot. I should think before I post sometimes.:doh:

:becky:Sorry Ash

he could just cut it open and weld in some baffles and then go fill it with water.....oh wait.:p

nice catch on your mis-advice, i over looked that as well when reading.

he could just cut it open and weld in some baffles and then go fill it with water.....oh wait.:p

nice catch on your mis-advice, i over looked that as well when reading.

Hahahahah man it's past my bedtime!!

Ash - is it still raining and do you have a large funnel?
Sorry I'm no help and full of pain meds due to this tooth ache, I'll go now.

Back