• Best Pulled pork to date! **pr0n heavy

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have officially hit my stride with pulled pork! Its finally exactly where I want it to be! And I owe it all to a foil pan! May not be the norm or conventional but FU CKrying out loud... It was AMAZING!

I got a case of some amazing pork butts straight off the farm for a job last month (as usual, which is pretty easy to do out here) and I held back the 2 prettiest ones... :icon_blush::pray: forgive me but it was worth it! Anyways, I digress... I seasoned it with my own pork rub (Hog Dirt) after injecting it with a simple blend of apple juice, cider vinegar, sugar, salt and a bit more of the rub. and let it sit in the fridge overnight.

I put it on a fairly hot smoke (300-350) for about an hour then into a DRY pan fat side up until the fat started rendering out filling the pan. I then flipped it fat side down to work on the bark, sprinkled a little more rub on it and basted with the renderings... I cannot BEGIN to describe the flavor throughout the meat... SO good! You guys need to give the pan a go even if it's just for once! This is my staple method from now on! that butt sitting in the seasoned pork fat bubbling away... :drama: :heh::heh:

Well here's how it went:

Started off by skinning the butt and deboning the spine (for my assistant, She always wants it grilled up :confused:)
f801351b.jpg

fff2c1a7.jpg

Injected and rubbed that butt down, and into the fridge it went:
2bcb1590.jpg

2f4bda7e.jpg

9ef6ac12.jpg

Threw it on this morning with a blend of guava and lychee wood for smoke.
351e4b8d.jpg

Browned it for a bit then placed it in a half pan:
ee32856b.jpg

030b606c.jpg

The treat :wink:
fe6da44f.jpg

2774ed5e.jpg

Back to the butt:
09c879ea.jpg

bec79deb.jpg

2d46ae04.jpg

176784ac.jpg

Flipped it, sprinkled it and basted it:
93b0266b.jpg

cdae91c0.jpg

e2e264f8.jpg

aec4a0c0.jpg

and it's ready to come off
02521fc6.jpg

a40f6d1d.jpg

d8d02bd3.jpg

b6bf7d6a.jpg

Poured off the fat and mixed in some of the renderings:
0018bb86.jpg

8892c2e7.jpg

d5ba7457.jpg

The rest of the renderings went into a mix with some SBR's, cider vinegar and some scotch bonnet pepper:
a2d39ab3.jpg

c99a36fe.jpg

And the perfect simple sammy! :thumb:
6d209f97.jpg

Couldn't have asked for better pulled pork! Give the pan a go! :thumb: It surprised the HELL outta me!!!
Well, thanks for looking guys:becky:

Cheers

Phrasty!!! my man!!! sounds like we both had stellar pulled Pork days, mine was off the chain too,

yours looks excellent!!! if i ever make it big im comin to visit!!!

That's some good lookin' grub P - I'm getting more and more tempted to start panning up and going hot & fast, especially for smaller cooks on the kettle. Thanks for sharing!

Congrats! Definitely gonna have to give the pan method a shot! That's some good looking Q!

That's just insane Phrasty! Next time you do that, can you save the bone for me??? That dog is one lucky dog!

That is some fine looking food you had there. Great looking chocolate lab too!

NICE!!:clap2: What was your total time of cook? I see where you put on a hot smoke for an hour at 300-350. What did you finish with?

NICE!!:clap2: What was your total time of cook? I see where you put on a hot smoke for an hour at 300-350. What did you finish with?

Thanks b\Brother! The grill hovered between 300 -325 for the cook. Took about 9 hours total for the 11.5# butt.

Cheers

And yeah she's a Chocolate lab... 2 years this month. :D
Cheers

Back