• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Royal Oak Vs Cowboy lump. Photo comparison

V-wiz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ok guys, here is a quick comparison of the two lumps, both look great, the Royal oak has larger pieces, as you can see the Cowboy lump's are more like branches. I noticed some bark inside the Royal oak, and two pieces were not completely carbonized.

2rei1so.jpg

b53cpu.jpg

1f9zrl.jpg

2r2njnm.jpg

Royal Oak
402z9.jpg

Cowboy
bfjp1g.jpg

You be the judge.

Thanks for looking.

I'm a big RO fan, too. Besides the Kroger brand, RO is usually all I can find. I've seen Cowboy a few times, but it's usually about $4 more.

I go RO or Humphrey's.
Nice comparison - thanks for posting.

Looks a lot different from the old Cowboy. At least maybe it's usable now, because you can always seem to find cowboy if you can't find anything else.

I hope you put it back in the bag after the photo. Can't be wasting that good stuff.
I have never used anything but RO on my own cooks and you just reassured me that I was doing a good thing.

My local purveyor of BBQ stuff recently added Lazzeri lump to their stock of offerings. It seems to be cheaper than RO on a unit basis. Anybody use this stuff?

Cool to see. It would be interesting to have an even larger sample size of bags to compare and see if it continues to hold true. I do prefer RO to Cowboy.

Interesting for sure. I've never used RO, but really want to pick up a bag :-D

My local purveyor of BBQ stuff recently added Lazzeri lump to their stock of offerings. It seems to be cheaper than RO on a unit basis. Anybody use this stuff?
I recently bought 2 40lb bags of Lazzeri (on sale) made from Mesquite. I’ve done 2 cooks (1 pizza & 1 chicken) so far and both turned out good. There is a big mixture of lump sizes. Some pieces are very large all the way down to some small flakes. I won’t need any for a while but I would buy more if on sale again.
IMG_3517.jpg

iv been using RO for years and love it. I use to buy stuff that had door moldings and pull ropes in it.

Your all welcome, i Sure did bag it back up, ill put them to good use soon. The RO is the US stuff

B&B lump puts both ro and cowboy to shame uploadfromtaptalk1348843977995.jpg

Sent from my GS3 via Tapatalk 2

Back