MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #31
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnoft View Post
All that stuff about kids sleeping and coffee making and your personal life really doesn't make me overly interested in the rest of your video that is supposed to be about BBQ. I bailed on the coffee maker scene. Don't mean to be insulting to you but If I wanted a pro video I would go to the internet not BBQ Brethren although their are a lot of pros that don't blow their own horn on the BBQ Brethren. They don't have too others do it for them.. Just my 2 cents
Runnoft

Can't make out your last sentence.

Edict.

Last edited by Pitmaster T; 04-09-2013 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: took out part about him blowing me :-)
Pitmaster T is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #32
jmoney7269
Banned

I got to read that before you edited it! My kinda guy! Rock on Donnie!
Quote:
All that stuff about kids sleeping and coffee making and your personal life really doesn't make me overly interested in the rest of your video that is supposed to be about BBQ. I bailed on the coffee maker scene. Don't mean to be insulting to you but If I wanted a pro video I would go to the internet not BBQ Brethren although their are a lot of pros that don't blow their own horn on the BBQ Brethren. They don't have too others do it for them.. Just my 2 cents
Runnoft
The video maker is the one that decides what a video is supposed to be about. Lemme see if I can find anywhere where Donnie said he was going at a pro video? From my perspective he is just doing something he loves to do as so many of us do, and while he is at it, he helps others out which is A+ in my book, you just get a big red X for this buddy! Go stand in the corner!
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #33
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

who likes the "Fat Side UP Troll" at 22:20?

Edict.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #34
rifraf
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
who likes the "Fat Side UP Troll" at 22:20?
He just popped out of no where kinda scared me lol

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #35
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
I got to read that before you edited it! My kinda guy! Rock on Donnie!

Lemme see if I can find anywhere where Donnie said he was going at a pro video? From my perspective he is just doing something he loves to do, and while he is at it, he helps out which is A+ in my book, you just get a big red X for this buddy! Go stand in the corner!
It is still in the "why I edited" bar. LOL

Hey, I actually don;t remember making this video?

Edict.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #36
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
It is still in the "why I edited" bar. LOL

Hey, I actually don;t remember making this video?
Is there a way to take back my helpful rating on your original response? This toned down version isn't very helpful.

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #37
firefighter4634
is one Smokin' Farker

Great job on the video, wait, what was it about. Hmmmmmmm thinks I having using to much foil.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #38
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
is one Smokin' Farker

Oh and I also had to mention that I saw the Funkmaster South video for the first time today. That one was PRO!!!

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #39
runnoft
Full Fledged Farker

try this for christian information
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/pr...pm&pmid=595803

Old 04-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #40
Wornslick
is one Smokin' Farker

I think I came down with alltimers listening to you tell me about getting alltimers......

Another great video, Thanks Pitmaster T.

Baby Stumps

Blue Weber, with a table

" The sunshine bores the daylights out of me "
Wornslick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #41
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Whew...I was scared it was a link to my wife's videos on tube8.

Edict.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #42
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Quote:
Okay, your first post was opinion and allowed. I'll say it wasn't helpful or quite popular, but allowable opinion. First off, we have said this before, if you DON'T like something, LEAVE the thread. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing.

The link above is a dead end. What are you trying to achieve? PM SENT.

I suggest you leave the thread or use the Ignore Feature if that will make life easier for you.

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #43
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
Okay, your first post was opinion and allowed. I'll say it wasn't helpful or quite popular, but allowable opinion. First off, we have said this before, if you DON'T like something, LEAVE the thread. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing.

The link above is a dead end. What are you trying to achieve? PM SENT.

I suggest you leave the thread or use the Ignore Feature if that will make life easier for you.

Bob
Look, I am okay with it... one can insult my bbq, my films (I am aware I made a 27 minute film about.... me with a few minutes of brisket in it), even bring in my kids or coffee maker..... but he never chose to go the evil route... which was to insult Prince.

Edict.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #44
jeffjenkins1
Babbling Farker

Great job again Donnie!

Jeff
18" Weber OTS
Primo Oval XL
NB American Gourmet offset smoker
UDS
Big Chief Smoker
Turkey Fryer
jeffjenkins1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #45
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Since I actually have a couple minutes right now, and just saw this thread again, and remembered all that stuff about butcher paper and Alzheimer's, I thought I would do a quick check from any RELIABLE authority (and not just some news clip on some health freak site).

I could NOT find any link at all for butcher paper and Alzheimers.

BUT....

I did find this blurb about Aluminum Foil and Alzheimer's from the Alzheimer's Association (can't get much more official than that)...
http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_diseas...sk_factors.asp

It said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzheimer's Association
Aluminum not a cause

During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in causing Alzheimer’s disease. This suspicion led to concerns about everyday exposure to aluminum through sources such as cooking pots, foil, beverage cans, antacids and antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for aluminum in causing Alzheimer’s. Almost all scientists today focus on other areas of research, and few experts believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat.
Did you know that Aluminum Foil was currently believed by a small handful of todays scientists to be a cause of Alzheimer's? I'm not sure if the percentage is higher or lower than the number of scientists that deny Climate Change though.

So, there it is....ummm.....well....

FArk...

What was I saying????
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote