• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Meat Injector

I'm using ones from SpitJack. I have the Magnum kit which is a very good injector when doing larger jobs. I also have the Squirt, which I use for smaller jobs (it comes with 2 needles, an extra O-ring and is really heavy duty.

I have a couple different models, SpitJack, NoCents, and some other cheaper stainless ones.

I don't use the SpitJack unless I am doing chicken in volume, or The NoCents when I am doing large quantities of pork or beef.

I find for home use I am happy with a 2 oz plastic model from Bayou classic that came with 2 different needles. I don't want to clean and rinse the larger ones for only 5-10 pounds of meat.

I have I believe is a Cajun injector that has 2 openings in the needle,
Be careful... I got sauce on the soffits in the kitchen! šŸ˜ šŸ˜ 

I started with the Cajun SS injectors but after wearing out/breaking a few I ordered a SpitJack Magnum and an Auto Fill 20cc from MABBQA. I have tried teh MABBQA once and plugged the check valves, so haven't tried it again. Been using the heck out of he spitjack thou and LOVE IT!!!

Clint

I started with the Cajun SS injectors but after wearing out/breaking a few I ordered a SpitJack Magnum and an Auto Fill 20cc from MABBQA. I have tried teh MABBQA once and plugged the check valves, so haven't tried it again. Been using the heck out of he spitjack thou and LOVE IT!!!

Clint
You can take the 20cc apart and clean the check valves. PM me if you need instructions. You do need to strain your injection with auto fill injectors.

You can take the 20cc apart and clean the check valves. PM me if you need instructions. You do need to strain your injection with auto fill injectors.

I did I got it all cleaned up, just didn't realize I need to strain it. Will give it a shot next time I got a ton of meat that needs injected. I bought it for hams which I do 20 ish at a time, thought it would make life easier. But I need to strain it next time.

Clint

I have a spitjack magnum although the first and only time I have used it it leaked from the rear and created a reverse vacuum which emptied all my broth, but I do love the heavy duty design and the adjustable selector.

Just got the Spit Jack Magnum. Injected a pig last week with 1/2 gallon. Very easy to use and very easy to control.

Back