2010 candidates for KCBS BOD

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
KCBS ANNOUNCES CANDIDATES FOR
2010 BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION.

The Board of Kansas City Barbeque Society is please to announce the following members have accepted nomination as a candidate for the position of Board of Director. There are four positions to be filled. The election will be conducted by Elections Online, with electronic voting beginning on January 2, 2010 and conclude on January 15, 2010. Paper ballots may be requested from the KCBS office. The winners will be announced during the annual banquet in Philadelphia, PA.

This year there are three incumbents seeing re-election:
Paul Kirk, Mike Lake and Linda Mullane.

The candidates this year are:
Candidate Team City,State

Joe Amore Smoky Mountain Smokers Sevierville, TN
Randy Bigler JC’s Pit Crew Huntsville, AL
John Kirby Backyard Burners Baltimore, MD
*Paul Kirk The Baron and his Pitmasters Roeland Park, KS
*Mike Lake Rock River BBQ Shannon, Il
Barb Milroy Texas Rib Rangers Denton, TX
*Linda Mullane Pig Daddy’s BBQ Williamstown, NJ
Jim Stancil Bare Knuckles BBQ Oxford, GA
Jeff Stith Big Creek BBQ Pleasant Hill, MO
Bunny Tuttle KCass BBQ Pleasant Hill, MO
Candy Weaver BBQR’S Delight Pine Bluff, AR

*incumbents

Merl Whitebook
Nominations Chairperson
KCBS Board of Directors
mwhitebook@kcbs.us

When considering who I will be voting for, my three main concerns are:

1) Do they support transparency?

2) Do they support effective communication with the membership?

3) Will they do the job they are elected to do?

Keeping that in mind, it is clear that Linda Mullane will be getting my vote.

Eric

OMG - That is awesome.

Thanks, I've been telling Jeff that he needs to print up shirts that say that but he just looks at me and shakes his head.

So since he won't do that, I'll just add it to my signature line.

Keeping that in mind, it is clear that Linda Mullane will be getting my vote.

Eric

I think #3 is very key with those up for re-election.

Seeing who is active and who is not in their role on the board shouldn't be that difficult.

Check out some copies of the Bullsheet from the past year. Take a look at the quick notes from the board. If someone is continually listed under their committee as having 'no report', that's a problem.

Eric

and what platform some of them are running on!

That will be the real question????

Eric, I've been saying all along that I am completely in support of being transparent... that the members should know what goes on in meetings by being able to listen in or attend, what our budgets are, how our money is being spent, etc. The Board is elected by members to represent them. The members should therefore have no problem seeing just how well each board member actually does this. Along these same lines, the board members should make every effort to stay in contact with and know what the members are thinking. They need to listen, plain and simple. And without a doubt, they should do what they were elected to do. However, I sometimes think we've seen board members who do what they THINK members want them to do or they do what THEY think is right and do not always consult with membership.

If elected, I will always vote in favor of more openness to the members and to share vital information with members. I plan to keep a Web site available online with my thoughts and opinions and will welcome and encourage visitors to respond with their's. My opinions are mine but my voting record will reflect the overall opinions of the membership who let me know their feelings. Any member will have access to my phone numbers and email at all times. Afterall, I would be representing YOU, not myself - and THAT is what I believe, I would be elected to do. Correct? :wink:

www.VoteJeffKCBS.com

and what platform some of them are running on!

That will be the real question????

Arlie, the simplest answer I have there is this: My platform is the Cooks' Platform! I will support ALL members, regardless of how they are involved with KCBS. But as a cook myself, my primary focus will be to represent the needs of the cooks on teams all across the US and in all countries where we have members! I am going to be a voice and advocate for cooks all over, not just the midwest where I am from.

dont take this wrong Jeff but how are you going to chang things that the old gard does not want changed? i think that is what made rod quit but i dont know that for shure.

Yea Ray that will fix it :)
Really time to consider new ideas like working as a team

Well if a BoD member is not doing anything to report
Why should they be on the board?

4 positions to fill, three incumbents. Who isn't seeking re-election?

Steve Ownby chose not to seek re-election. He lost his father within the last year and has taken over many new family and business obligations.

Merl

Back