Naturiffic Rib Eye with X-Salt

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So, I was honored to test SirPorkALot's new salt.

My weapon of choice: The Rib Eye

A nice 16 oz boneless beast:

steak1.jpg

Sprinkled the X-Salt on it:

steak2.jpg

Because the sear unit on my gasser is on the fritz, I use a comal for searing.

steak3.jpg

Finishing it on the grill:

steak4.jpg

Served up with a little mushroom topping and some haricot verts:

steak5.jpg

The review: I agree that the salt tastes something like Montreal Seasoning, but it isn't overpowering like Montreal. The best way I can describe the taste is that it "brightened" the flavor of the ribeye. I don't know what SirPorkALot used for the spice mix, but it's probably from another dimension, or illegal in 32 countries.

I have a little left, and I *might* do another test on a different piece of meat.

By the way, the only ding the salt took was from my son. He thought it was too salty. I am on a restricted sodium diet, so if any one would be sensitive to that, it would have been me. Jennifer and I discounted his comments.

So, I was honored to test SirPorkALot's new salt.

My weapon of choice: The Rib Eye

A nice 16 oz boneless beast:

Sprinkled the X-Salt on it:

Because the sear unit on my gasser is on the fritz, I use a comal for searing.

Finishing it on the grill:

Served up with a little mushroom topping and some haricot verts:

The review: I agree that the salt tastes something like Montreal Seasoning, but it isn't overpowering like Montreal. The best way I can describe the taste is that it "brightened" the flavor of the ribeye. I don't know what SirPorkALot used for the spice mix, but it's probably from another dimension, or illegal in 32 countries.

I have a little left, and I *might* do another test on a different piece of meat.

By the way, the only ding the salt took was from my son. He thought it was too salty. I am on a restricted sodium diet, so if any one would be sensitive to that, it would have been me. Jennifer and I discounted his comments.

Thanks for the review!

I am quite amazed at the number of reviews that are comparing it (favorably) to the "Canadian City Steak Seasoning", considering the only two ingredients they share are salt & pepper. :twitch:

Our goal with this product was to make a simple seasoning that could be used across a variety of grilled and barbecued meals and would allow the food to speak for itself.

So your review hits home for me. :thumb:

Back