MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #61
BluesDaddy
Full Fledged Farker

Habanero Death Dust wings on the kettle. I've got ever things smoking as well, so may not be able to really hit that last super hot step, but we'll see. Also used the Death Dust as the second sprinkling on my ribs before foiling. Can't wait!
BluesDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 09-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #62
SuperQue
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Stone Cold Grillers

It's just plain ol' fun mentioning Habanero Death Dust to my co-workers. I can't wait until I get my hands on it. Thanks Mike.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #63
PatioDaddio
Babbling Farker

I took delivery of #18 today. On tap tonight: Homemade Habanero and Bacon Sausage. I'll be using spare rib trimmings, a little pork sirloin and uncured center-cut bacon.

Oh, and the Death Dust, of course.

John
PatioDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #64
Bikini BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

WOW, looks great, can't wait to use the "death dust".
Bikini BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #65
HOG WILD BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Made my mouth water!

Old 09-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #66
Mister Bob
Babbling Farker

Awesome wings, I'll definitely try that one. Great pics BTW!
Mister Bob, Pitmaster - Smokestack Lightning, Bad Ass Barbecue. KCBS CBJ #31759 - IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
Mister Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #67
plethoraofpinatas
On the road to being a farker

My order arrived on Saturday and I couldn't resist putting a pinch on my tongue....

KABOOM that was some flavor! I normally shy away from habanero spices and sauces because I only get the heat, never any really good flavor. With the Oakridge BBQ rub I tasted chiles, paprika, and sugar up front, then when the celery salt started to come through the habanero heat started to rise. The heat was strong but not more than I expected. The real surprise was the flavor profile, it was better than any habanero spice/sauce i've ever had. I can't wait to grill some Habanero Death Wings this weekend!

Coming soon! - Oyler 700
Lang 60 Deluxe
22.5" WSM (x2), 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTS
Char Griller Smoker Pro w/ SFB, reverse flow mod

Last edited by plethoraofpinatas; 09-26-2011 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: spelling error
plethoraofpinatas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #68
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plethoraofpinatas View Post
My order arrived on Saturday and I couldn't resist putting a pinch on my tongue....

KABOOM that was some flavor! I normally shy away from habanero spices and sauces because I only get the heat, never any really good flavor. With the Oakridge BBQ rub I tasted chiles, paprika, and sugar up front, then when the celery salt started to come through the habanero heat started to rise. The heat was strong but not more than I expected. The real surprise was the flavor profile, it was better than any habanero spice/sauce i've ever had. I can't wait to grill some Habanero Death Wings this weekend!
Thanks! That's exactly what I was aiming for. I too have had enough with all the "all heat no flavor" products out there. I'm thrilled that it sounds like we hit the mark with this little special project...

Thanks!
Mike

By the way... you were dead-on about the celery and salt, however since we would never use a pre-blended celery salt in our products, what you were tasting was fresh celery and sea salt in just the right proportions...

[URL="https://www.oakridgebbq.com"][B][U][SIZE="3"]~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~[/SIZE][/U][/B][/URL]

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle
kcmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #69
shares
is one Smokin' Farker

I made wings using this method this past weekend. I didn't have the HDD on hand, but it's the process that intrigued me - wings that look sauced without the hassle and mess of saucing? That's brilliant!

For wing rub, I like to take scrap savory rubs that I don't otherwise plan on using, and add Chipotle powder for taste and heat. I'm going to do a lot more testing of this method in the near future as my initial results were very impressive.

[URL="http://www.tooashamedtoname.com"]www.TooAshamedToName.com[/URL] - Competition BBQ Team
shares is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #70
Bikini BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

I made some wings at work Sunday night, BAM they were a big hit ! Gonna make more next week, they had just the right amount heat and tingle, no problem & great taste. Gonna double the amount of dust next time, great flavor Mike !

Scott
Bikini BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #71
1FUNVET
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plethoraofpinatas View Post

Got mine in today and did the same thing with a pinch on the tongue.I agree with the descripton of the flavor profile. Think you have a winning combo of flavors. I just might have to order another one.
1FUNVET is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #72
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Default EatMoreHeat.com Just Reviewed our new Habanero Death Dust!!

EatMoreHeat.com just did a video review of our new Death Dust on YouTube...

Check it out!

http://youtu.be/yqCmaVDau-Y

[URL="https://www.oakridgebbq.com"][B][U][SIZE="3"]~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~[/SIZE][/U][/B][/URL]

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle
kcmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #73
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmike View Post
EatMoreHeat.com just did a video review of our new Death Dust on YouTube...

Check it out!

http://youtu.be/yqCmaVDau-Y
Hey Mike,
I just watched the video, looks like your off to a great start with the rub you created. I still have not opened my package of death dust since Im the only one in my home that likes spicy like that. I think IM going to wait for my son-inlaw to show up and cook wings with it like you did. One question for you Mike. Would you cook them wings any different on an old Kaman smoker?

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner! :mrgreen:
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky! :thumb:
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.
silverfinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #74
inv3ctiv3
is one Smokin' Farker

I just made an order from you Mike but couldn't order the HDD :( Let me know when it's available!

Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #75
likeadeere
is one Smokin' Farker

WOW. those look delicious, I can't wait to buy some of that!

Tags
habanero death dust, hot wings, oakridge bbq, smoked, WSM