Might be last time buy.....

I avoided WiFi in my MES. I could find incidence after incidence of trouble with built ins.
I opted for separate temperature monitoring, and don't let my butt slow me down about paying attention.
When I'm cookin, I'm cookin.

I avoided WiFi in my MES. I could find incidence after incidence of trouble with built ins.
I opted for separate temperature monitoring, and don't let my butt slow me down about paying attention.
When I'm cookin, I'm cookin.

True point .....

another 7 day trip !! through UPS have no idea why takes 7 days.

Having worked at UPS years ago it appears they are shipping it Ground the entire way (the cheapest way). Sounds to me like they should be paying for UPS Express overnight for all your hassle.

I’ve had not so great experiences with their customer service as well.

By now you would think they would have stopped the ping-pong and just send a new, unopened replacement.
Maybe it was an open boxed unit because the Chinese used defective parts, and the previous owner could not get it to work either?
I've had plenty of experience with that. Not with ThermoWorks, but with Chinese electronics.
My TP-08 has worked great from day one.

Chinese Electronics = As good as, usually is not. Crappy components are still crappy components.
And it damages good reputations.

Thermaworks products are made in England.

Thanks man, I appreciate your compliment about our unit,that's means a lot to us from bbq enthusiast like you.our Inkbird has a great reputation about our customer service if you are in Facebook also,will know this.
Any question or problem about our unit,just send us a msg,will reply you asap.
Thanks for choosing n supporting us!:)

It’s unfortunate what has occurred to say the least. Love my MK4 and my smoke works well.
I agree with Happy Hapgood, my inkbrid’s work excellent, especially for the cost, and use them 99% now with the smoke sitting in a case.

I don't know what has happened to Thermoworks.

They used to be very well respected for their products and customer service.

Seems as though in the past couple of years the quality of the products have dipped and customer service is in the chitter. Sad. Very sad.

Yep...Bought extra probes from them a few years ago to have spares on hand after my temp probe went out unexpectedly. Meat probe went out, so I replaced it with the spare I had sitting in the pack. It quit half a cook in. I got the, "it's past the warranty period. so we can get you a discount on a new one" speech. So now I have a smoke thermometer with grate probes and no more meat probes. Moving on to another company as well.

Thermaworks products are made in England.

Righty-O Happy. My error. I was thinking of a different ThemoProduct. :oops:

It bears repeating though that in our International World, where something is made, or totted to be made, is irrelevant when furrin innerds is used.

My inference is to an American Company, who use to have their products manufactured in Japan, but sold out to China, who used Chinese manufactured electronics components, that failed World wide.
A diode is not a diode, there are various degrees of quality.

As an Electrical Mechanic, my tool box sports Standard, Metric, Whitworth, SAE and a few unknown odd-balls that are there merely because they fit something... somewhere.
The Step-Daughter, and Grand-Daughter both drive Mini Coopers, made by BMW, in England. I don't have a clue what is under those hoods.

It gets cornfusing. :crazy:

Righty-O Happy. My error. I was thinking of a different ThemoProduct. :oops:

It bears repeating though that in our International World, where something is made, or totted to be made, is irrelevant when furrin innerds is used.

My inference is to an American Company, who use to have their products manufactured in Japan, but sold out to China, who used Chinese manufactured electronics components, that failed World wide.
A diode is not a diode, there are various degrees of quality.

As an Electrical Mechanic, my tool box sports Standard, Metric, Whitworth, SAE and a few unknown odd-balls that are there merely because they fit something... somewhere.
The Step-Daughter, and Grand-Daughter both drive Mini Coopers, made by BMW, in England. I don't have a clue what is under those hoods.

It gets cornfusing. :crazy:

Amen SonnyE. I only have an associate's degree in electronics but I got in on the ground floor back in 1980 when HVAC temp control was just moving from pneumatic to DDC - Direct Digital Control. With that you could control temp down to 0.5*F. This came in real handy for operating rooms in hospitals and maintaining temp sensitive cancer drugs etc.

I know the difference between a good or bad diode or resistor or voltage regulator (number) etc. It's in the color bands on each component. Easy to check each components tolerance on the net.

As to the Mini-Cooper, My BIL is manager at a Posche Audi dealership. Those mechanics along with Volkswagen are not allowed to own their own tools. They are licensed to be certified.

Sorry for the long winded reply but this ole world is certainly changing.

Last edited:
I had a problem they couldn't resolve with their Gateway product for my Smoke wireless system. The Gateway is supposed to use your wifi network to be able to send data from your smoke to the corresponding app on your cell phone. But I had an experience similar to yours with days of frustration, testing, and phone calls to support, who were unable to get it working. I believe they said it is because Gateway can only use certain wifi security protocols (WPA, WPA2, etc). That's as far as I got before giving up (my router, a highly capable Apple Airport Extreme) didn't support it. In any case, it is now an expensive paperweight in the drawer of my nightstand. Not even a good paperweight because it is pretty light.

All their china-made products I have are cheap, just like all china-made products.

Back