MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #1
PigskinBarbeque
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Candle Light Dinner Barbeque Style!

Being married, having children, watching football, creating posts, barbecuing and fishing now that the weather is pleasant, all gets in the way of spending time with my wife, but we made time to combine a few things I love with a few things she loves to have some Barbeque By Candle Light. Our children are at that age where dad and mom are not as cool to hang out with and do everything with anymore, so getting rid of them was easy! Saturday was a planned date night. Seeing my wife didn’t know what she wanted to do. I said lets barbeque at the park. She said visiting the park would be nice because it was beautiful outside, but she wanted to have a LONG OVERDUE candle light dinner. So, we combined the two and enjoyed each others company in a setting at home that brought the wife to tears.

Below I’ll share the grilling portion with you, so you to can enjoy some Barbeque By Candle Light.

THE MENU:
– Ribeye Steak
– Shrimp Skewers
– Golden Potatoes
– Garden Salad
– Pomegranate Frappe’

STEAK:
I created a simple rub for the steaks that always works well because it allows the quality of the meat to shine through without masking the flavor of the meat. Combine all the ingredients, mix well and sprinkle over the steaks. Place the steaks in a ziplock bag and put them in the fridge for about 2 hours before cooking, allowing the seasoning to penetrate the meat.

– 2 Tsp Olive Oil (brush each side of steaks so seasoning sticks)
– 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
– 1 Tsp Seasoned Salt
– 1 Tsp Mustard Powder (ground mustard)
– 1 Tsp Onion Powder
– 1 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper

SHRIMP:
I used a seasoning rub that I’ll also be reviewing soon on these same pages, Mangia Cajun Dry Rub. Mix ingredients, coat shrimp, place in a ziplock bag and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Leave in the fridge until you are ready to cook them, then place on skewers and grill.

– 2 Tbsp Mangia Cajun Dry Rub
– 1 Tbsp Olive Oil

POTATOES:
Use Baby Gold Potatoes, wash them well and prick the a few times with a fork. Place them in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Boil them for 3 minutes, no loner! Strain them and run them under cold water to stop the cooking process. Split and quarter the potatoes or cut into smaller pieces. Dice onion and green pepper and mince garlic. Place all ingredients in a pan, stir to coat potatoes and place on grill stirring often.

– 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
– 1 Tsp Salt
– 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
– 1/2 Tsp Dill Weed
– 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
– 1/2 Medium Onion Chopped
– 1/2 Green Bell Pepper Chopped

GARDEN SALAD:
Use a good mix of salad greens and dice, cut and chop your favorite vegetables into it. We used red onion, green bell peppers, vine ripe tomatoes, cucumber, golden raisins, toffee coated pecans, shredded carrots and avocado.

POMEGRANATE SLUSH WINE:
This product was a special treat as it’s something my wife and I picked up at an event we went to. I made the mistake of not keeping the information on the company so I’m searching for it so we can order some more. In a pitcher mix 1 bottle of white wine, fill the same bottle full of water and pour into the pitcher. Then, pour the packet mixture in and stir. Place in the freezer for 4 hours and allow to thaw for 20 minutes and enjoy.

THE COOK:
I used indirect grilling for this meal with varying cooking times for each item. I used Cowboy Lump Charcoal, and 1 nice size piece of Hickory Wood Chunk for smoke. I got the grill up to 325 degrees for cooking.

– First I placed the pan of potatoes on the grill close to the heat source because they would take the longest to cook, about 45 minutes. Remember to stir often so things don’t stick and burn to the pan.

– Next place the steaks on close as possible to the heat source so you can sear the steaks on each side, about 5 to 10 minutes depending on how hot your grill is. Move back from the hot area just a bit and allow to cook for 15 minutes. At this time wrap each steak in foil and place back on the grill to finish cooking. Total cook time is about 30 minutes for well done steaks.
During the last 20 minutes of cooking remove the shrimp from the fridge and place them on skewers and place them on the grill in the area closest to the heat and grill on each side for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and enjoy.

Facebook: [URL="http://facebook.com/pigskinbarbeque"]pigskinbarbeque[/URL]
Twitter: [URL="http://twitter.com/pigskinbarbeque"]pigskinbarbeque[/URL]
PigskinBarbeque is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
Mike Twangzer
is Blowin Smoke!

Romantic !!!
Mike Twangzer is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->
Old 08-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
93vpmod
is Blowin Smoke!

Very nice dinner indeed...nearly brings me to tears too, since I missed it!
93vpmod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #4
Harbormaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Clark

Attaboy!

I was getting a little misty-eyed myself here.

There is nothing I enjoy more than cooking a meal for just the SoDT and me.
Brinkman Cimmaron.
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2015, 09:04 PM   #5
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

I can hear it in the background "Gonna take a sentimental journey"

Great work, ya gotta have that together time for sure! Strong work!

KC

Old 08-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #6
Smoke on Badger Mountain
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Josh

Very well done sir! What a great idea

24"x52" Custom Offset, Black 22" Weber Kettle , Deep Ocean Blue 22' Weber Kettle, Camp Chef 2 burner w/ griddle. Char-Broil Table Top gas Grill, One very ugly drum, Nice drum coming soon.
Instagram @lumberjacksmokestack
[url]https://www.youtube.com/c/LumberjackSmokestack[/url]
Smoke on Badger Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #7
Big George's BBQ

Name/Nickname : George

That is an awesome meal
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2015, 10:54 PM   #8
Titch

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Nice,looks like a great night.
My wife says I bring her to tears a lot.

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-10-2015, 11:49 PM   #9
SGH
is One Chatty Farker

Great looking grub. I'm sure your wife loved it. And for the record, you had me at steak.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:55 PM   #10
Big M1ke
is one Smokin' Farker

Well played sir

Old 08-11-2015, 12:23 AM   #11
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTitch View Post
Nice,looks like a great night.
My wife says I bring her to tears a lot.
And we MUST assume this is a good thing right?

KC

Old 08-11-2015, 07:55 AM   #12
JohnnyB
is one Smokin' Farker

Wow, that's great. I have never tried wrapping steaks in foil. Just helps with an even temp, I assume?

Old 08-11-2015, 01:18 PM   #13
PigskinBarbeque
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Wow, that's great. I have never tried wrapping steaks in foil. Just helps with an even temp, I assume?
after searing I placed them in the foil to avoid drying them out or overcooking since a good deal of attention is paid to the potatoes and stirring them to avoid sticking.

Facebook: [URL="http://facebook.com/pigskinbarbeque"]pigskinbarbeque[/URL]
Twitter: [URL="http://twitter.com/pigskinbarbeque"]pigskinbarbeque[/URL]
PigskinBarbeque is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Barbeque, bbq, grilling, steak