MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #1756
tommye1078
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
Thanks for the review, defence18. Glad everything was up to par. And for everyone else, a new batch of shirts should be here in a day or two, so I should have some for sale.
How Do I get in line for a XL...
tommye1078 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #1757
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillsGoneWild View Post
When you get to the restaurant in the morning, are you throwing on more meat for dinner service?
Sometimes. I pull all the butts and brisket and then it gets loaded up with ribs, tips, chicken, and sausage. Problem is, on weekends that fills up the smoker so there's no room to throw on any big cuts in the morning. Occasionally we'll put an extra butt or brisket on in the morning to be ready by dinner, but that usually means running out of other meat throughout the day. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommye1078 View Post
How Do I get in line for a XL...
As soon as they get here and I get a count of what I have I'll post the info in here.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #1758
Countryboyswagger
Knows what a fatty is.

Just let me know where can I buy the shirt. It's a long drive from middle GA so eating there is a long shot - but I'd wear the fark out of that shirt for you.

On a side note, you may want to try and update your website. All of us here understand the time and effort you've put into this place, but there are still people out there that will gig you for having updates that are three months old. Is there a way you can configure your website updater thingamajiggabobber to pull your latest facebook updates to your website? Similar to the way a twitter feed can give real time tweet updates on websites?

Old 05-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #1759
Lespauljeff
Found some matches.

Been watching this thread a while now. I have been saying that a bbq joint serving real bbq would be a great thing in our area. We are only an hour from you near Sturgis, MI. This thread has changed my wife's mind on that prospect.
Lespauljeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #1760
gooffy140
Knows what a fatty is.

My bad didn't look at how old this thread was I'll stop in soon.

I'm a OTR truck driver. I load out of Three Rivers a lot.
, and take 60 down to Niles then over to I-94 on US-12. So keep us updated for the grand opening. Good Luck, and I'll Introduce myself when I come in.

Weber 22" Kettle Grill
Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Model #2222
Char-Griller Big Red Kamado/ guru adaptor
Weber Smokey Mountain. 18.5"/ guru adaptor
BBQguru DigiQ DX II

Last edited by gooffy140; 05-05-2014 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: my bad.
gooffy140 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-05-2014, 10:01 PM   #1761
ehs5mw
Knows what a fatty is.

Forgive my ignorance, but I just tried making the pickles and have never canned anything. Do I need to boil the jars after filling them like normal canning instructions, or will they seal just from putting the boiling mixture in? Or is it unnecessary since I won't be trying to keep them on the shelf for a long time?

Thanks!
ehs5mw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #1762
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehs5mw View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but I just tried making the pickles and have never canned anything. Do I need to boil the jars after filling them like normal canning instructions, or will they seal just from putting the boiling mixture in? Or is it unnecessary since I won't be trying to keep them on the shelf for a long time?

Thanks!
These aren't canned pickles, but refrigerator pickles. No need to do the canning process, but the do need to stay in the fridge where they will be good to eat for weeks. Of course you can also can these in the traditional method and store them for extended periods of time. But these are generally for short-term consumption.

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #1763
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Pulled the trigger on the new smoker today. Paul said we're looking at about the third week in July. Can't wait!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #1764
Eggtastico
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Pulled the trigger on the new smoker today. Paul said we're looking at about the third week in July. Can't wait!

Eggtastico is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #1765
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Congratulations, can't wait to see what Paul & Tyler come up with for you!!!

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2014, 01:41 PM   #1766
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

What style smoker are you having him build?

Old 05-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #1767
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

It's going to be similar to this, only with a few changes to better accommodate whole hogs.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #1768
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Awesome!

Old 05-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #1769
PatAttack

Quote:
Congratulations, Brother!!!

Glad to hear you are doing well and I'm sure those Shirley boys will do a wonderful job for you!

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #1770
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

Looks great, but why do you want to mess with a stick burner? Ain't nobody got time for that....especially you.