Pretty good weekend!

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The weather finally "cooled off" - that's FL speak for a low in the 60's and high in 80's :D

Did a pork butt on Saturday while finishing up a few house chores. Rubbed it down Friday night with Blue's Hog Rub (ran out) and some other (who knows) rub.

Using the faithful ECB I cooked the butt for about 6 hours (up to 165 internal and then foiled an continued to 200). Did the cooler trick until dinner time (only came down to about 180) and pulled it -- oh man was it good -- used a "finishing" sauce of cider vinegar, brown sugar, hot sauce, and some salt.

We ate on it Saturday night. Then had sandwiches on Sunday. My boy's have been in it by the bowl-full and we still have probably enough for a couple more sandwiches :D Did I mention that my family loved pork? :D

Also cooked some burgers while the butt was working. Did nice thick hamburgers for about an hour or so on the top grill of the ECB -- good smoke flavor and nice smoke ring -- a little "done" for us but good eating none-the-less (about 155 internal when I pulled 'em).

Back