MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #31
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

Think Caddyshack. They made golf way funny. Move along those lines and those types of character interactions. this could be very good. Tons of ways to take it.
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #32
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachg18 View Post
I should also mention that I've kept the competition to just Ribs, Chicken, and Brisket...I know there's a lot more that goes into these competitions but I figured I'd keep it simple for the audience..
Oh, come on- you've gotta include pulled pork. Maybe make a joke about using pork butt (when pork butt actually comes from the shoulder).

Old 01-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #33
Grabnabber
Babbling Farker

1) Must have a cameo by Myron Mixon as some type of BBQ Yoda to influence the main character or underdog.
2) Hot chicks rubbing each others butts. (no brainer)
3) ?????

Uhhhh..... I got nothin' else.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #34
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

A hot girl whos secret weapon/who only wins b/c she flirts w the judges- maybe a rip off of Basic Instinct with the opening and closing of the legs (I know, this is unrealistic and stupid, but it might be comedic).

Maybe have a hairy redneck see it and try to mimic it and have everyone have an ewww omg face when he does.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #35
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

How about aerial coverage of the event using a big pink pig blimp that expels air out of the butt to move around.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #36
Skidder
Babbling Farker

There's a place up here in Putney,Vt. called Curtis Ribs ( Google it). He actually is famous for his potbelly pig that runs around his feet. My wifes suggestion was how about the pig croaks somehow and the pit master shrugs his shoulders and just throws the hog on the pit and tells his family or coworker to go buy another pet pig.
Skidder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #37
zachg18
On the road to being a farker

All good ideas! There really is so much you can do with it, I wish I could include it all!

Keep them coming though, the more the better!
zachg18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #38
Rover24
Full Fledged Farker

You need to have a competitor who registers as a judge under an assumed name with the intention of giving the other teams bad scores, and his team the best scores. He's marked his box with an invisible mark in special ink that only he can see through his special sunglasses. Hilarity ensues as he works to try to be the judge at the table his box is delivered to.

Of course, he dresses in a ridiculous costume in order to escape detection.

I think this would work better if he was one of the more well known competitors...a guy whose mug is plastered all over his comp RV, banners and what not. That's why he needs to go through all of the extra work to disguise himself.

He gets to the table where he thinks his box is heading to, but is bumped by a 90-year old lady in a hover round and his glasses fall off, only to be crushed by the hover round.

He thinks he still finds his box and gives it all 10's, but it turns out to not be his...giving the Jewish team who doesn't taste their product a #1 finish in Pork Butt.

And...scene.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #39
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

A teacup piglet that foils someones earlier plans, so they become obsessed with catching it throughout the movie and chase it into uncompromising situations- maybe it goes in a trailer while a hot chick is showering and the guy chases the pig with a knife- the hot chick just sees a guy with a knife (no pig) and kicks him in the family jewels and runs off. Or it runs under stuff. Its more a family movie type idea, but i figured I'd throw it in there.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #40
Grabnabber
Babbling Farker

I am gonna camp out at the box office when this hits the SuperMegaCinePlex!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #41
Big Ace
Full Fledged Farker

In the spirit of Beerfest have a team that is just there to shig. Trying to steal recipes, rub/sauce formulas, etc.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #42
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

You have got to have a team that boils ribs and does butt in a crockpot.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #43
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi "Q" Tioner View Post
Dont forget to add a mexican team. Maybe an impala with the trunk converted into a smoker or a smoker with hydraulics switched on to try to control the temps...lol
Orale homes!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #44
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

I think anyone in here would agree... your start on this project should be a look at my "Chili Sauce" series or "Orangish Sparkles" and then a PM to me personally.

If you do not... you can expect to see me again right after your script is bought or made into a reality as I have had one lying around for years.

Sorry to sound egotistical... but really... the concept I have is so hilarious... I'd only share it officially with another writer. I say another writer because I write professionally under E. Donnie Thomas.

I will also add that the original "Popdaddy" concept in 2004-2006 (which was going to be animated) was taken so seriously Kevin Smith's production company was actually interested and I got to see him for a meeting. He was extremely excited until he got a letter from Londell MacMillian, Prince's attorney and any further discussion about the project had to end. Kevin has been in trouble with Prince before.

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #45
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Put Pitmaster T in the movie and you will go far.
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote