Can I vent with you guys?

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Let me say this first:

I am truly blessed to have so many people that want to try my barbecue. I am grateful to those people who have spent their hard earned dollars to eat with us and I thank you.

With that being said, I am sick of people telling me, "you need to cook more food".

If I could don't you think I would?

Briskets butts and pastrami are a 10 hour cook minimum. Longer when I have the smoker fully loaded. These are not hamburgers people! I can't just run in the back and whip up some more. This is a craft and it takes time. If you want it quick, go to Arby's. And don't get mad at me because the person in front of you bought the last three rack of ribs. If they ask for it, I'm gonna sell it and when it's gone, it's gone. Get here earlier next time.

And another thing, don't tell me I'm understaffed. I have as many people as I possibly can in the kitchen. We are doing our best to get food out to you as quick as possible without bumping into each other with every step. There is limited space in our kitchen and we do everything we can to maximize it.

One last thing, if an article comes out in a magazine or blog or newspaper, consider the fact that you might not be the only one who read it. Other people saw it and got up off their butts to come early. Don't come 10 minutes before closing time and get mad because there is nothing left.

Whew. I really needed to get that off my chest. For those who read all the way through, thanks for letting me vent. For those who didn't, you're probably the guy at the door right now knocking on the sign that says closed.

Peace.

Brother I wish you the best. As the old saying goes if you are slow you blow.

Franklin's does it, Muellers does it. Hell, 99% of the BBQ joints I've EVER visited do the same thing!!

When it's done, it's done! When it runs out, it's out!

It's not your fault they can't get off their arse!:becky:

Look at it this way Bigmista, you have these issues because you are making great food. The alternative is to have leftovers and that kills your profit. I'm opening up in a few months and I would LOVE to have the same issues you are having. Keep up the good work!

Those are the people that have no concept of things and chances are they wouldn't even know what they just ate. Same people that will honk at a drive through since it's not moving fast enough or something.

You don't want them anyway.:mrgreen:

Just keep some of this on hand for those moments. :thumb:

trackback-spam.jpg

And maybe you should put up a sign on the front door that bears the words of wisdom you imparted to me a while back: "Relax, it's only BBQ."

Glad to hear the masses are coming out for ya!

Vent all you want! I'm just glad to hear you're running out of food on a consistent basis. It means you're doing something right!

I'm still new on this site and really to BBQ as a whole, but I've really been trying to pay attention to the business side of this especially with the thread for the Prized Pig. I've read articles on Franklin and Mueller and how they do their business as well. It has really given me some perspective on how hard you guys work to make a living. It's your passion that goes into the food and people appreciate that. If they don't, I feel sorry for them. They just don't get and probably never will.

Keep doing what you're doing. Make quality over quantity and spread the word of what great BBQ should be. If you need to vent on here, go for it.

Have a good one!

Vent all you want! I'm just glad to hear you're running out of food on a consistent basis. It means you're doing something right!

I concur!

Well, it's obvious that you need to add more smokers, cook more food to please everyone and chance throwing out food at the end of the day along with any profit you might happen to make.
This is sarcasm for those unfamiliar with my brand of humor.
Keep doing what you do and do it the best you can.

Speaking of venting - do you have your inside cooker yet? Did you decide what to get? Inquiring minds want to know! :hungry:

Speaking of venting - do you have your inside cooker yet? Did you decide what to get? Inquiring minds want to know! :hungry:
A Southern Pride would solve all of his problems

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
But...the Q-buns, how would you bake them?

Back