MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
mizouille
Found some matches.

Default Catering tex mex

Hi everyone,
First, i'm french so sorry for my poor english. Lol
Second thing, i would like to start a tex mex catering service. Have you got some ideas of the plates i can serve ?
For the moment, i can do giant plates (for 100 persons) like Chili con carne and Jambalaya. Have you got other ideas for giant plates ?

I'll do also a Taco bar and a burger bar.

I'll also propose BBQ: Pulled pork, chicken drumsticks, smoked salmon, ribs, smoked turkey breast, picanha and the traditional sides: Baked beans, corn on the cob, Coleslaw etc...

Have you got other ideas that i can propose ?
Thank you :)
mizouille is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
medic92
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

First of all, your English is better than 90% of the current American generation so don't worry about it.

I don't know how much of that is actually considered Tex-Mex. It looks like you're going for a fusion of fast food/barbecue in an American style.

Regardless, I'd start out with a much more limited menu. Pick a few meat dishes you do very well along with two or three sides to go with them. As you progress, work in your other dishes as occasional specialty items and then you can rotate them on or off the menu depending on their popularity.

Good luck, and welcome to the forums!
Old 11-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #3
Beentown
is One Chatty Farker

TexMex is great for catering. Full size hotel pans of tamales, enchiladas, and rellenos go a long way.

I would take a look at some American Mexican restaurant menus and have fun.

My TexMex is using savory, smoked bbq meats as my base for the Mexican dishes.

Brisket tacos
Street corn
Slaw

One of my favorite platters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
SDG 26' Concession rig, Weber 22.5" x 3, RecTeq1250, UDS with IQ 110, Shirley Fabrication Cabinet Model 24x60 trailer, LS Grillz Large IVS w/offroad package (on the way), Humphreys Q'bed Pint, Assassin 48
Beentown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:07 PM   #4
mizouille
Found some matches.

Thank you !
Yes it's a mix between different southern food style.
I cater yet bbq food that i control well (Pulled pork,ribs etc...) and i was searching for other plates.. If somnole have ideas :)
mizouille is offline   Reply With Quote