MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #16
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNewbie View Post
Pretty sure there are people in 2nd world nations trying to decide what grill to get also. ;)

I vote 26" Weber!!

Perhaps, but they probably don’t already have 7 grills already sitting on their back porch [emoji12]
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 12-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #17
TXNewbie
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamKY View Post
Weber 26. I love my UDS but of the cookers listed in my signature the Weber 26 is the Alpha male. It carries the load and gets called on the most. It would definitely be the last one standing if I downsized.
Totally agree!
TXNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-14-2018, 06:48 PM   #18
BKING!
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalters View Post
If it’s just you and the wife, with the occasional couple... if in your shoes, I’d be super tempted to go with the PK 360. As much as I love my big ole’ Weber... I’ve said it more than once... the day that PK offers a grill that exceeds 500 sq”... I will probably be the first in line. I “think” I’d like it more than my big kettle... and that’s saying a lot... lol. With all that said, I still think the kettle is an overall easier grill to cook on and clean (assuming you don’t go with the entry level kettle with no real ash management system).
If they can get a pk grill to be the same size and overall shape of an xl primo that would be amazing.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:00 PM   #19
rwalters

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKING! View Post
If they can get a pk grill to be the same size and overall shape of an xl primo that would be amazing.

It’s only 40 sq” from the Primo XL. I NEEEEED more...lol. 500+ or go home [emoji109][emoji2532][emoji106]

Old 12-14-2018, 07:07 PM   #20
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

I'm really surprised pk doesn't have a "large" grill. Man I don't know. I would love a 26, just don't know how it would hold up after drilling. The mounts on the table are semicircular so I'm sure a 26 would fit. Height isn't a concern since I'm tall, a higher cooking surface would be ok.
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8[/URL]
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2018, 07:15 PM   #21
rwalters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er View Post
I'm really surprised pk doesn't have a "large" grill. Man I don't know. I would love a 26, just don't know how it would hold up after drilling. The mounts on the table are semicircular so I'm sure a 26 would fit. Height isn't a concern since I'm tall, a higher cooking surface would be ok.

You may not like this setup, but I have my 26 kettle sitting right next to this. Works great!!
TRINITY EcoStorage Stainless Steel Table - 24" x 24" x 35” - NSF https://www.costco.com/TRINITY-EcoSt...100036154.html

Old 12-14-2018, 07:21 PM   #22
BKING!
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...AA&FORM=VRRTAP

People drill all the time into kettles with all the mods out there. You just need to touch up the areas where the porcelain enamel comes off with high temp grill paint.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:12 AM   #23
lunchman
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Dom

Check Craigslist in your area for cheap Webers to use as a replacement in your Performer knockoff. You might even find a reasonably priced Performer, I see them frequently in my area on CL.

Also check out the Weber Kettle Club forum, there have been some recent listings where members have put 26ers into a Performer.

Otherwise, how difficult would a repair be to your existing grill?

Old 12-15-2018, 07:57 AM   #24
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Wouldn't be too bad to repair it. JB Weld would do the trick.probably will go that route and maybe try and win a 26 or performer on some raffles.

I search craigslist regularly, never any decent weber scores here, no one ever puts any kettles up here. Always the little portable propane grill it seems. Last night's search didn't even list anything within a hundred miles.
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!

Old 12-15-2018, 09:29 AM   #25
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er View Post
Not gonna lie! I am leaning towards the 26. Fairly handy with tools so connection to the table MAY not be too much of an issue. I just not too sure about the bowl size. Anyone got one they could measure the circumference for me?

Has anyone drilled through a weber and if so did it rust at the hole?
I've hung several kettles in tables, never drilled one. Support can be done using anything that will fit in the slot under the lip of the bottom section. I've used S-hooks, upside down conduit clamps, pieces of copper pipe slotted, and L-brackets.
My current setup looks like this, with the kettle supported at three points.

It used to use these to support the kettle

When I redid it to make some changes, I switched to these

The end of one of these fits under the lip quite well

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #26
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Nice dads! Thanks for the ideas!

Old 12-15-2018, 10:57 AM   #27
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

You could convert the existing bottom into a "nest" for a 22" kettle using a jigsaw or right angle grinder with a cut-off wheel.

Or cut upwards from the existing brackets, remove the lip, remove everything below the mounting bracket, and the remaining piece should slide up under the lip of the replacement kettle. That would preserve the current height, if you like it.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:50 PM   #28
Nuco59
Babbling Farker

Or just do a free standing grill 22 or 26- then get a free standing adjustable height table to put beside it-any where you want it. The all in one Performer style is cool- but options are better IMO.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:27 PM   #29
Joe Black
Babbling Farker

Dennis, I have a 22” Weber Premium Kettle that I love. It sits right next to my smoker and I use it for searing or for quick cooks when it makes no sense to fire up the smoker. It has been a very good addition to my arsenal. I also have the dividers for either side to separate the charcoal for indirect or other zone cooking.

See you in April. Joe
Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #30
qnbiker
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Lew

Late to the party, but I've drilled several old kettles and WSMs for thermometers. I also cut a groove on the lip of my WSM for temp probes. Never painted or did anything to them and rust is not a problem.