Whole Hog Cookers

I think they only make gassers but if that’s what you’re after my buddy has one and likes it.

I like the look of those and there is an option for a charcoal tray to cook with wood/charcoal as well. Best of both worlds

They do a wood/charcoal option which is the way I’d go.

That’s awesome! Is that option set up where you can shovel coals?

I’ve been thinking I’d go with BQ but if you can shovel coals conveniently with the Carolina I’d give it a look.

That’s awesome! Is that option set up where you can shovel coals?

I’ve been thinking I’d go with BQ but if you can shovel coals conveniently with the Carolina I’d give it a look.

It has a pull out drawer for adding coals. I like the BQ also but haven’t priced them yet.

If you're willing to drive to Sanford, then I suggest you head another hour or so east to Elm City. BQ Grills does an outstanding job...gas or coals. Seriously, there is no better...you'd benefit yourself by at least checking them out.

http://www.bqgrills.com/default.htm

There is a number of BBQ restaurants that cook on their whole hog cookers. Melvin and the BQ Team do a outstanding job, well worth the trip.

I was going to suggest BQgrills as well but they are generally going to be 2-3 times the cost of what was mentioned by Pappy Q.

If you have the money and only want to buy once then I would be willing to equate BQgrills to Shirley in terms of being top dog in both function and construction. They build the cookers for Sam Jones (Skylight Inn BBQ, Sam Jones BBQ) and I got the chance to see it in action and it's a flawless piece of equipment.

There is a number of BBQ restaurants that cook on their whole hog cookers. Melvin and the BQ Team do a outstanding job, well worth the trip.

The highly rated Buxton Hall in Asheville, NC use them. Their pricing is pretty reasonable considering their reputation and they are very solidly built.

They even work down our way 😁.

Don't know anything about that one. Look at Assassin Smokers and Grills website, they are gravity feed and really well built.

Definitely check out the Meadow Creek "PR" (pig roaster) series. They are versatile, well made and lets face it, its the wood that makes it good right?

Back