"Lamb" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Dec. 9th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Lamb"

29893852813_677ccd24aa_b.jpg

This was Ron-L's winning entry in the 2016 "Lamb" Throwdown

As chosen by Smoke On Badger Mountain for winning the "Soups, Stews, & Chili" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

Smoke on Badger Mountain said:
How's about some Lamb? Went through the last year and didn't see it as a TD.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 11/22 through Monday 12/9.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 12/9.

Click here to read the rules before entering the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Just to be clear, we can cook any thing we want any way we want as long as lamb is the primary star of the show right?

Can we make Lamb Sauce? Asking for a friend...

Just to be clear, we can cook any thing we want any way we want as long as lamb is the primary star of the show right?

That was my intent. I would assume that if you are within the standard throwdown rules you would be safe. But what say Moose and Shaggy?

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135049

Robert,

Yes, that is correct.

When we have a generic protein category like this(Lamb. chicken, beef, fish etc) it's up to you as to how you prepare it as long as the meat is prominently featured in your dish/entry photo. It could be the main ingredient in a dish like tacos, a pie, all sorts of things, or simply the main star showing lamb either grilled or smoked on a platter. There's lots of options!

However, lf we had a Pork throwdown for instance, and someone submitted a pepperoni pizza, saying the pepperoni had pork in it, that would be another story.

Same goes for Lamb Sauce, unless of course, the lamb sauce was served with lamb...:p

Yep. Setting myself up to fail. Might have to back off on the booze for this one.... Like I said. No guarantees.

Happy to lend money against your house if you want to buy some Lamb

Happy to lend money against your house if you want to buy some Lamb

You would not believe this.

I went to Marmara in Dandenong. They sell awesome Halal Lamb and they are cheap, as you know. Picked up a whole Silverside for my biltong and then asked for a nice lamb shoulder. The lady at the counter was really nice to me because she'd just had a PITA customer before me and I was smiling, being a good bloke. Got to the checkout, paid WAAAYYYYY less that I thought it should cost but shut up and went to the car. Only then looked at the docket which had NO LAMB SHOULDER on it. Checked the label on the lamb shoulder..... no label. No price at all. So it appears the server didn't charge me and the checkout girl let it through!

So fellas... we have lamb for free! And here it is in the marinade...:clap2:

20191128-183505.jpg

So... it will be pulled lamb shoulder. Doing it on Sunday.

You would not believe this.

I went to Marmara in Dandenong. They sell awesome Halal Lamb and they are cheap, as you know. Picked up a whole Silverside for my biltong and then asked for a nice lamb shoulder. The lady at the counter was really nice to me because she'd just had a PITA customer before me and I was smiling, being a good bloke. Got to the checkout, paid WAAAYYYYY less that I thought it should cost but shut up and went to the car. Only then looked at the docket which had NO LAMB SHOULDER on it. Checked the label on the lamb shoulder..... no label. No price at all. So it appears the server didn't charge me and the checkout girl let it through!

So fellas... we have lamb for free! And here it is in the marinade...:clap2:

20191128-183505.jpg

So... it will be pulled lamb shoulder. Doing it on Sunday.
Needs more garlic :biggrin1:

Back