Those with a Lang

GoolsbyMD

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Are you able to pass your pit probe wires under the door, do you make a small notch with a disc metal cutter under the door. Drill a small hole next to the door? Or just close the door on top of the wires? Im going to be ordering the 48 patio and was thinking if I should have Mr. Langs works weld in a pass through grommet. Also is there any options/customizations you wish you had. I'm only interested in the regular patio.

I just got a 36" Patio Delux and have no problem passing the cable under the door. I have not tried it on the warmer box.

I have the 48 Patio and I shut the lid on the wire with no problems! I have had it for about a year and really haven't thought of any other features I wish I had ..a very satisfied customer....

I have no problem doing it on mine. I can close the lid without pinching the wire. Talk to Ben Lang about it he is a great guy to talk to. My only wish would be for a 48 but I am very happy with the 36 for normal home use. It just got a little crowded over the holidays I had to schedule smoker time with my meats.

Yeah, it will close without an issue.

Cleaner method is installing one or two of these on the end of the chamber:

LINK

I have no problem doing it on my Lang 36. I've used Probes with a Taylor and an Igrill, can't speak for Maverick probes though:behindsofa:

I have no experience with the Lang smoker but great friends of mine told me the heavier doors on the Lang 84 I believe larger the doors if slammed closed would cut the temperature wiring in half.

I was thinking along the lines of a few beers in and latching it closed with the wires running under it. Kind of like watertight doors on a ship that someone runs phone wire through and you go and dog it down lol.

On my Lang 60D if I latch the door it does put a good kink in the probe lead.
I'd opt for them to put a pass through on it, in my opinion it would really make it easier.

Good luck and enjoy your Lang!!!!!!

I know you will :heh:

I have a 60D, and it closes fine on Stoker wires without kinks.......I'm not sure why you would need to latch the door shut while cooking.

I have three holes drilled below the door large enough for probes to pass through 3/8 "--front ,middle, Back. I've ruined a wire. Not now. I plug them with three 3/8" eye bolts. While learning I've had six thermometers (twelve) wires inserted. Seal around the wires with foil.

We just the cable under the door on both our Lang 84 and 60 with no issues.

As everyone else has said you can do it without a problem. Ben and his crew would be able to build you a pass through with out a problem I'm sure. My new Assassin 28 has one built in and I really like that feature. If your ordering order it the way you want it.

I have a 60D, and it closes fine on Stoker wires without kinks.......I'm not sure why you would need to latch the door shut while cooking.

I'm a little compulsive about mechanical things, if the designer/engineer put it there I'm gonna use it. Don't know why but it will erk me if I don't.

I never latch the door on our 84 except for going down the road. I believe you could wreck wires if you slam the door but I set it down easy and haven't had any trouble.

84, under door as others said, just set it down easily...

Back