MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 09-16-2018, 10:06 PM   #106
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Hmm, Silver City is under 3 hours away from me. Depending on how easy it is to get to the property at night and gps and so forth, I could leave Friday night or very early Saturday morning and leave Sunday.

I assume we can do some tent camping? I know my son and daughter will want to go.

Son will need to miss a soccer game on sat and both will miss catechism on Sunday, but oh well. A bash is pretty damn close to heaven as we can get! I think they will be fine missing.

I need to check my calendar at work.

I'm am following this thread.

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 09-16-2018, 10:11 PM   #107
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

That area is nice that time of year. A nice big fire will do just fine! Waiting to hear back on the location details. If it works out, I have a few pine, mesquite, and some big pecan stumpers that will keep a good fire going.

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP

Last edited by BobBrisket; 09-16-2018 at 10:30 PM..
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-17-2018, 07:34 AM   #108
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Carl

Ok Allen (GringoLoco), we need some details regarding location and logistics on the property that the bash is going to be at. Room for RV's? Room for tents? Water? Power? And so on.
[COLOR="Silver"][COLOR="Gray"]Weber Performer[/COLOR][/COLOR], Weber kettle red, Dual Weber Kettle table gold, UDS, [COLOR="DimGray"]East Texas Smoker RK250[/COLOR], Blackstone 36, Blackstone 17, GMG Trek, LSG Large IVC Candy Apple Red W/4WD and a 6.7L Power Stroke :biggrin1:
Pig_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #109
Gringoloco
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig_Farmer View Post
Ok Allen (GringoLoco), we need some details regarding location and logistics on the property that the bash is going to be at. Room for RV's? Room for tents? Water? Power? And so on.
I am meeting with my buddy this afternoon and working out the details. He does have water and electric. Room for RV's ad tents. I will keep everyone posted!!!
30 gallon vertical propane smoke with Big Daddy smoke generator
Sausage smoking cabinet as well
Gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:15 PM   #110
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Ok, Allen, what's the story? Location/GPS coordinates.

Less than a month away. Who's coming? Who's a maybe? I will get there on Friday the 12th in the early evening. Staying till Sunday. As of now I will be by myself, wife is staying home.
[COLOR="Silver"][COLOR="Gray"]Weber Performer[/COLOR][/COLOR], Weber kettle red, Dual Weber Kettle table gold, UDS, [COLOR="DimGray"]East Texas Smoker RK250[/COLOR], Blackstone 36, Blackstone 17, GMG Trek, LSG Large IVC Candy Apple Red W/4WD and a 6.7L Power Stroke :biggrin1:
Old 09-18-2018, 07:28 PM   #111
Gringoloco

Hey Carl,
We have a spot in Arenas Valley. It is outskirts of Silver City. He has 3 acres, water, electric. He is good for all of us to have fun and even drink adult beverages!! Hiw many are coming??
Old 09-18-2018, 10:02 PM   #112
FrkYrPrk
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Scott

I'm coming down solo on Friday the 12th, staying until Sunday. Convoy down, Carl?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:38 AM   #113
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrkYrPrk View Post
I'm coming down solo on Friday the 12th, staying until Sunday. Convoy down, Carl?
Scott, that sounds good.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:54 PM   #114
BillN
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Bill

Put me down for a strong tentative yes for two for Saturday.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #115
Texas Hogger
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Terry

Not sure if I can make it there by Friday night, but I'll be there on Saturday for sure. Lookin' forward to meeting y"all.
Texas Hogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:03 PM   #116
ShadowDriver
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marc

Please see the sign-up sheet and such in my signature.

You all have access to it.

I'm not sure if I can pull off the new date/time... but that's how Uncle Sam rolls.

Gringo - can you please put the location and any other basic info in the Spreadsheet?
- I'm not smart, so I'd like to have as much info in a one-stop location when I have questions.
[B]Hardware[/B] - Weber 22.5 Kettle (Sep '16), OK Joe Longhorn (Mar '17), UUNI 3 Pizza Oven (Jan '18 ), Blue Rhino Razor Griddle (May '19), Cajun Bandit 22.5 Roti (Aug '20), Weber 26.75 Kettle (Dec '20)

Last edited by ShadowDriver; 09-19-2018 at 10:17 PM..
ShadowDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:30 AM   #117
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDriver View Post
Please see the sign-up sheet and such in my signature.

You all have access to it.

I'm not sure if I can pull off the new date/time... but that's how Uncle Sam rolls.

Gringo - can you please put the location and any other basic info in the Spreadsheet?
- I'm not smart, so I'd like to have as much info in a one-stop location when I have questions.
Shadow, I completely understand. I know exactly how Uncle Sam works. I really hope you can get the time off and make it down to the bash. Also that is a great idea about putting the info on the spreadsheet. See, you're smarter than you think.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:01 AM   #118
Gringoloco

I will get that information updated today! Great thinking Shadow!!
Old 09-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #119
Gringoloco

I went to meet with the land owner and he was not in. I had some appointments this afternoon so we did not hook up. Will work on it tomorrow. He is looking forward to the bash as well. I would suggest bringing some camping gear, unless you want to get a hotel. I would also suggest some lawn chairs, pop up canopies, and folding tables. He will have water and electricity. I will see if he has a bathroom available. If not we can get a Porta John. I have plenty of firewood for a campfire. Maybe bring some lanterns or we can use a big light plant I have as well. Let me know your thoughts, opinions and any questions!! I have never been to one of these let alone put one together, so any help and advice is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 09-21-2018, 09:07 AM   #120
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

I have a 10x10 canopy that I will bring. I also have access to a 10x20 canopy if you think we'll need it. On second thought, I will go ahead and borrow it and bring it. The more shade the better. I have 3 folding tables that I will be bringing as well. I'm still debating on bringing the Blackstone. I have a Disco that will be going with me. First thing I need to do is get new tires for the smoker. The trip to Mo. did a number on them.