MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:49 AM   #1
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Busy day for a busy weekend

Smoked 83#'s of pork butt yesterday for a graduation party on July 2nd. Just after I had finished trimming 3 racks of St. Louis style spare ribs I get a call from a guy who says he was told that if he wanted good BBQ, I was the man to call. He was wondering if I could cook up some pulled pork, brisket, ribs and maybe some chicken for a 4th of July party he was having on the 2nd? Next weekend I already have one graduation on Saturday and a comp on Sunday so I figure I'll give it a shot. The party is going to be for about 50-60 people so I suggested two whole briskets separtated so he'll get slices and burnt ends, three butts, and let him decide on how many ribs and how much chicken. I told him I had just placed some trimmings from the spare ribs on the smoker and he could stop by and get a "taste" if he wanted around noon. Sure 'nough, at 12:30 three cars pull up and he introduces himself, his wife, and son-in-law to me. The wife looks really skeptical but the two guys were like to kids in a candy store checking out my outdoor kitchen set up as sweet blue wafted out of the bandera. When I openned the 'dera up there eyes got wide and they started to drool looking at the six 8# butts I had smoking away. I reached in with the tongs and pulled out the spareribs trimmings for their "taste" as the two guys were getting all giddy and the old lady had scowl on her face. I handed them each a fork then cut the rib skirts up on the cutting board. After one bite they were sold. Even the old lady smiled but had to add that it was a little "spicey" for her. The men loved it and settled on the two briskets, pulled pork, 6 racks of baby backs and 6 racks of spares.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2006, 06:00 AM   #2
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Thumbs up

Right on Brother Neil!! Remeber to cook a little something for yourself

They give me shivers when they bounce around, buckled up or draggin' on the ground, I like big....Joe Walsh
kcquer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2006, 06:16 AM   #3
Neil

I threw the spares on later in the day along with some ABT's and a fatty so we would have a little something to snack on when we had the "unveiling" of the father's day gift my wife gave me last week. A few of my good friends were "awed" with the Austrian leaded crystal Jack Daniels bottle stopper! But as my one friend said, "it's really beautiful, but why do you need a bottle stopper for JD?"!

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.

Old 06-25-2006, 08:23 AM   #4
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Neil,

What's your address and what days are you cooking during the next 12 months??

I just decided that I'm planning a party for next 4th of July & thought I could drop by for some "tastes". It takes me a long time to decide anything, but after 15 or 20 visits to you place for snacks I think I'll have the menu nailed down. Oh yeah, do you serve beer too??

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2006, 01:50 PM   #5
Neil

Any and all Brethren are always welcome to stop by for a taste and some brew.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old 06-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #6
bbqjoe
Banned

Beautiful!
bbqjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2006, 02:15 PM   #7
thillin
somebody shut me the fark up.

Where's the pics?
Mini BGE-adopted 1/31/08 CL Score
Traeger 075-adopted 12/3/11 CL Score
Weber 1 touch CL Score
Weber Spirit 500 CL Score
Weber Smokey Joe Silver CL Score
BLUE & RED Thermapens
Klose 20x42-SOLD

Paddlin Pigs BBQ
Ty
thillin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2006, 03:48 PM   #8
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Neil, sounds like your own your way to a small but lucrative hobby, split off from the love of your backyard hobby. But like thirdeye said. Take care of your own needs first. We definatly got to get together this summer for a cookout. You goin to G.Rapids for the contest in July?
Mike

"I wish my mind could forget what my eyes have seen. :shocked:"

"Heavily medicated for your protection. :doh:"

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker :mrgreen::clap:[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"][/URL]
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2006, 07:32 AM   #9
Neil

I'm going to try and get up there for one of the days. I want to check out Jeff's new Spicewine smoker.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!