MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 08-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #16
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

OVER???

animal house-bluto - YouTube

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 09-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #17
caseydog

We're off an running! Sort of.

I have my meat marinading for my cook tomorrow.

I can't wait to see what people come up with for this wide open throwdown.

I can't wait to see how many entries there are.

I can't wait to see if some noobs enter.

But, most of all, I can't wait to see how Gore is going to get himself a DQ in this one. Oh, I know the wheels are turning. It's not hard to do, but how to do it in grand style? The challenge is calling him like the Sirens.

CD
Old 09-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #18
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Should be a good one no doubt... I have an idea brewing based on another meal I'm making this weekend...
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #19
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

Oh yeah, I just finished my marinade and have my meat marinating too caseydog, it smelled amazing, didn't want to sample it cause it's got some heavy proof in it.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Avatar by NorthwestBBQ[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Redhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #20
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhot View Post
Oh yeah, I just finished my marinade and have my meat marinating too caseydog, it smelled amazing, didn't want to sample it cause it's got some heavy proof in it.
You using tequila, too?

CD
Old 09-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #21
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

^^^^^ so you're making fajitas too?
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #22
caseydog

Uh, oh. I hope we don't all make the same thing. 12 plates of fajitas, and one Dilly Bar on a tortilla. That would be embarrassing.

CD
Old 09-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #23
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
You using tequila, too?

CD
Blue Agave baby! Maybe I need to get up early, do the cook and beat you in posting? Nah, I like sleeping late too much! Sounds like you got something killer going on there...I came up with my own recipe for my marinade (never used tequila in one before), hoping it will taste as good as it smelled!
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
Old 09-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #24
caseydog

Quote:
Blue Agave baby! Maybe I need to get up early, do the cook and beat you in posting? Nah, I like sleeping late too much! Sounds like you got something killer going on there...I came up with my own recipe for my marinade (never used tequila in one before), hoping it will taste as good as it smelled!
I get out of bed around eight-ish most days. On weekends, any time before noon is an early rise, unless I'm working.

I'm marinading for 24 hours. Nothing fancy planned -- very old school.

CD
Old 09-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #25
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
I get out of bed around eight-ish most days. On weekends, any time before noon is an early rise, unless I'm working.

I'm marinading for 24 hours. Nothing fancy planned -- very old school.

CD
I just did a search on tequila marinades today for the quantities and added what I thought would compliment. And this time, I ain't using the probe to test the temp of ny meat, never did before and my, um, stuff always turned out juicy and perfect...but last time deguerre put the probe in to bring it to whatever temp the whoever says it's supposed to be to be considered "safe". It was dry compared to the, um, stuff I'd always grilled before. So this time I say screw the probe, I'm gonna go caveman stlye as I always have! Just hoping my marnaide tastes as good as it smelled! And the build I have planned is something I've never done either, hope it turns out beautiful, no...sinful.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #26
caseydog

Quote:
I just did a search on tequila marinades today for the quantities and added what I thought would compliment. And this time, I ain't using the probe to test the temp of ny meat, never did before and my, um, stuff always turned out juicy and perfect...but last time deguerre put the probe in to bring it to whatever temp the whoever says it's supposed to be to be considered "safe". It was dry compared to the, um, stuff I'd always grilled before. So this time I say screw the probe, I'm gonna go caveman stlye as I always have! Just hoping my marnaide tastes as good as it smelled! And the build I have planned is something I've never done either, hope it turns out beautiful, no...sinful.
My marinade smelled like a good margarita -- with cilantro and garlic.

Fajitas actually are a true Mexican meal, that has been heavily Americanized. I did some research, and I'm trying to do something close to authentic Mexican vaquero fajitas -- with my own little twist. Probably too simple to win, but it is what I want to eat, so it is what I am making.

I'm going old school, but I do hope to see some risky tortilla entries -- although maybe not bigabyte risky. I had a nightmare last night involving all-you-can-eat SPAM enchiladas.

CD
Old 09-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #27
Phubar

Gore said my previous entry could be a double...Spanish tortilla.....

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=115263

It consisted of smoked/baked sweet taters,onion,garlic,bit of Jerk marinade,beaten egg,milk,salt,pepper.

Or is this gonna be my Phirst DQ?

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #28
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

If Gore said so then you will be fine. Nothing to worry about there.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #29
caseydog

Well, it is a tortilla. That's all I got. Now it's up to bigabyte.

CD
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #30
bigabyte

Very nice entry Phu!

I got this odd package in the mail today. Inside was a stack of 100 $1 bills wrapped in foil, and a Dilly Bar wrapper with a corn tortilla inside.

Weirdest thing I ever received.

I wonder what it means?
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote