BBQ Brethren "Throwdown"...Week 4

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Are you ready for a "Pron Throwdown"...?
This weeks challenge is..."Seafood"...:razz:

Here are the rules...(in case you forgot)...

1) It has to be "Seafood"...duh! :roll:
2) It has to be grilled or smoked...(comp cooked meats are ok too).
3) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...(Monday-Sunday)
4) All pics or descriptions (if you don't have a digital camera) must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
5) 3 pics per entry please...

The voting will begin on Monday evening after 7:00 PM...or whenever I (or anyone else) get around to posting the "vote" thread!

Good Luck...and have fun! :biggrin:

Week 1..."Beef"...
Week 2..."Pork"...
Week 3..."Chicken"...
Week 4..."Seafood"...
Week 5..."Breads"...
Week 6..."Desserts"...
Week 7..."Veggies"...

I'm off to Red Lobster, might have a chance against RCS this week! :twisted:

The wife's been clamoring for fish this week, so I now have a good reason to do some. I haven't entered before and I don't think I can hang with some of the big boys, but I'll do my best. 3 blurry pics coming soon.

perfect excuse to go fishing!

DSC04116a.jpg

That sounds good ....... I don't need much of an excuse to go fishing, but I need a good one if I'm not doing much catching. :biggrin:​

Looks like you let that one go Wayne. You gotta keep em to cook em :wink:

Paul

DOH - fishing trip is NEXT week....................

I think that this line-up would have held its own pretty good:

**** Bucky Badger After the Catch ****
Alaskan Surf and Turf.Strip steaks will be rubbed with a bold seasoning mix then grilled to juicy perfection. The spices for the rub will be mixed from scratch after being lightly roasted to add even more flavor and gently massaged into the steaks prior to the early kickoff. Once the steaks hit the plate, a generous scoop of Alaskan Dungeness crab salad will be served to compliment this hearty dish.

Wendy Sue’s Favorite Shrimp.Bubba & Forest never mentioned Wendy Sue. Forest was fixated on Jenny. If he had met Wendy Sue – these would likely be his favorite shrimp as well. “Life is like a box of chocolates…………” Well, in UW Lot 60 – we would eat chocolates filled with liquor to help maintain our buzz. Spotted Coontail shrimp from Coastal Alaska will be cooked Cajun style. The discarded shells will be promptly fed to the hovering gulls.

Cedar Planked Salmon. Every season – it has been a tradition to give props to the Haida Elders from UW Lot 60. When the fishing is good – tailgaters get to enjoy wild Alaskan salmon lightly seasoned then grilled over hot coals until it easily flakes with a fork. If the fishing isn’t as good – everyone in Alaska needs to “Shut up and fish” until the fishing improves.

Funyuns. Game after game – no victory party is complete without the Funyuns. It doesn’t matter if they are fresh or stale – EVERYONE must eat some Funyuns and wash them down with a beer.

**** Beverages ****
Deadliest Brew. The coffee served to the deckhands of the Cornelia Marie will keep the men working and warm throughout the long nights in the Bering Sea. The MRIs are trusting that same java will keep them going after a long day of travel between Alaska and UW Lot 60 on a few short hours of sleep. The Deckhand Breakfast Blend is a full bodied and smooth coffee. This blend has a rich distinguished flavor of the finest beans in the world and possesses a smooth taste with bold overtones..

Alaskan Amber. Fresh from the crystal clear waters of Southeast Alaska – Alaskan Amber will be enjoyed ice cold. This turn of the century recipe is low in carbination and high in alcohol content – which would make even the hardest working Alaskan miner proud. Alaskan Amber was voted “Best Beer in the Nation” in the 1988 Great American Beer Festival Consumer Poll.

Last edited:
JD, is this open for any fish? Does it have to be salt water? In good ol' Missouri, I can't go deep sea fishin, but sure can hook some good lake swimmers. Just asking. Thanks.

JD, is this open for any fish? Does it have to be salt water? In good ol' Missouri, I can't go deep sea fishin, but sure can hook some good lake swimmers. Just asking. Thanks.

Just in case I have plan B ready to go....... they are seafood and they are cherry wood smoked. :biggrin: I'll warm them up on the dashboard of my pickup and I just may photograph them in the can, for authenticity.

oysters.jpg

Yep...any fish will do.

Just in case I have plan B ready to go....... they are seafood and they are cherry wood smoked. :biggrin: I'll warm them up on the dashboard of my pickup and I just may photograph them in the can, for authenticity.

nothing beats a nice tin of smoked baby clams and a ream of saltines! :biggrin:

Back