• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS Involvement

Board doesn't have a quorum, can't conduct any business.

How so? The Bylaws set the number of seats at 12, with a minimum of 9 and a max of 15 and a quorum being 2/3s of the board. My math says they need 8 for a quorum, which they have if all current members are present.

If they brought in a new CEO to clean things up and then fired him 6 months in, that concerns me more than the current state of the board.

I certainly hope Heath isn't gone, as he has been great in terms of responsiveness and transparency (as much as is appropriate) based on my multiple interactions with him.

#KeepHeathDitchCarolyn

How so? The Bylaws set the number of seats at 12, with a minimum of 9 and a max of 15 and a quorum being 2/3s of the board. My math says they need 8 for a quorum, which they have if all current members are present.
I thought the quorum number was 9 hence the urgency.

I thought the quorum number was 9 hence the urgency.

The bylaws set the minimum number of directors at 9, which I believe is why the special election is necessary. The bylaws set the quorum as being 2/3 of the board which the bylaws have established is 12 directors. That creates a quorum of 8. As I read it.

FWIW, Heath is listed on the roll call for tonight's meeting. They are going into closed session for employee reviews, though, so I suppose it could be dealt with then? I hope not.

Pretty sad voter turnout.
Total Number of Eligible Voters
Voter Turnout
13.36%
I can't help but wonder how many of the 17877 did not even know to vote.

KCBS sent me multiple emails reminding me to vote. The number of eligible voters or the question how many knew I think is irrelevant. In my opinion most people don't care enough to vote. How the organization is being run really doesn't affect them enough to light a fire under their butts and get them to voice their opinions.

KCBS sent me multiple emails reminding me to vote. The number of eligible voters or the question how many knew I think is irrelevant. In my opinion most people don't care enough to vote. How the organization is being run really doesn't affect them enough to light a fire under their butts and get them to voice their opinions.

I agree. We have to realize that the vast majority of these members are judges who judge a couple times a year, and are only members to remain CBJs. They aren't invested enough to really care to vote, or who to vote for.

I agree. We have to realize that the vast majority of these members are judges who judge a couple times a year, and are only members to remain CBJs. They aren't invested enough to really care to vote, or who to vote for.
Yep, and somewhere around %75 of judges only judge 2 or less comps a year. But we had to have an outrage over the scoring average seating going away so we can factor an average of scores of 2 contests a year.........

I have also heard rumors that the CEO has already been fired. If it's true, that's pretty ****ty. He hasn't been there long enough to even gauge his performance. And even if it was sub par, we seem to be fine with hiring sub par marketing companies.

I have also heard rumors that the CEO has already been fired. If it's true, that's pretty ****ty. He hasn't been there long enough to even gauge his performance. And even if it was sub par, we seem to be fine with hiring sub par marketing companies.

Agreed. Like I stated yesterday, if this is true, I'm more worried about that than only having 8 people on the BOD

I HEREBY DEMAND A RE-VOTE

It's clear that the Russians were involved, and the results cannot be relied upon

Page 4 shows "VI" (virgin islands ???) has only 1 member, yet there were 2 voters recorded. I refuse to accept any possible explanation that a family membership will be recorded as 1 member, yet each individual under the family membership has the right to vote.

Vive La Revolucion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HEREBY DEMAND A RE-VOTE

It's clear that the Russians were involved, and the results cannot be relied upon

Page 4 shows "VI" (virgin islands ???) has only 1 member, yet there were 2 voters recorded. I refuse to accept any possible explanation that a family membership will be recorded as 1 member, yet each individual under the family membership has the right to vote.

Vive La Revolucion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well on the bright side, all 2 members from Mexico voted!

To make sure everyone gets tarred and feathered equally....;)

Take a look at the level of participation from cooks, who I agree arguably have more skin in the game.

https://mms.kcbs.us/news_archive_headlines.php?org_id=KCBA#21363905

I couldn't find it broken down by cooks (user error, I'm certain) and judges, but my comment was not to disparage judges. The ones that are out doing 10+ contests a year are just as invested and committed to this as the cooks.

That being said, cooks that cook a couple times a year aren't invested either. I just assume they're less likely to be members, since you aren't required to be a member to cook, but you are in order to be a CBJ.

I couldn't find it broken down by cooks (user error, I'm certain) and judges, but my comment was not to disparage judges. The ones that are out doing 10+ contests a year are just as invested and committed to this as the cooks.

That being said, cooks that cook a couple times a year aren't invested either. I just assume they're less likely to be members, since you aren't required to be a member to cook, but you are in order to be a CBJ.

All fair points. Apparently the link I posted, to the recent survey results, doesn't load that page if you aren't logged in. The results of the judge seating survey indicate that cooks participated to a lesser degree than judges.

Just a quick fyi... I joined KCBS in 2010 as a member only. That's right... neither a cook nor a cbj! Took the cbj class first quarter of 2013.

Also, many cooks around here have taken the cbj class, but don't actively judge !!! They are considered CBJs !!!

Back