Where is Jamie Geer?

Uncle JJ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I decided to buy the Jambo Backyard - but it was a close call between that and the Lang 48 Patio.

So, I've left several messages for Jamie to place the order. He has yet to call me back. I wonder if he's on vacation or something. Strange, as I have heard great things about his level of service. Any of you have similar experiences?

I guess if I don't hear back, I'll order the dang Lang.

Unconfirmed - but I hear tell that there is a 9 month wait on a new Jambo.

Plus Jamie is a competitor; and you know how much time that takes away from you.

But if you are comparing a Jambo and a Lang, you are comparing apples and oranges. Jambo is an offset with some innovative (but not unique) air flow characteristics. A Lang is a reverse flow. If you are intending to cook hot and fast, you may be disappointed in a Lang. If you are looking to cater off of your rig, you may be disappointed in a Jambo. With all due respect, maybe a little more research should be done.

You may also wish to inquire about R&O Smokers. I cannot speak to their quality, but I am seeing a lot of them starting to pop up at competitions. They certainly look good.

I don't think Jambo backyard cookers are a 9 month wait, just the larger size ones. But the backyards/Juniors still have a little wait on them from what I hear.

You can order a Jambo backyard from big poppa smokers for $2300 or so (includes shipping), but they mention there is a 10-12 week wait time for Jamie to build it.

Unconfirmed - but I hear tell that there is a 9 month wait on a new Jambo.

Plus Jamie is a competitor; and you know how much time that takes away from you.

But if you are comparing a Jambo and a Lang, you are comparing apples and oranges. Jambo is an offset with some innovative (but not unique) air flow characteristics. A Lang is a reverse flow. If you are intending to cook hot and fast, you may be disappointed in a Lang. If you are looking to cater off of your rig, you may be disappointed in a Jambo. With all due respect, maybe a little more research should be done.

You may also wish to inquire about R&O Smokers. I cannot speak to their quality, but I am seeing a lot of them starting to pop up at competitions. They certainly look good.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I plan to use the smoker at home, but I want to try competitions some day. I do not cater, except for parties at my house. I do like to cook hot and fast. I've cooked on a Lang 60 before, and it's a really great smoker. I decided on the Jambo because I like the insulated box, and so many folks here recommend it. Plus, I also heard it is easier to cook hotter on it than on the Lang.

I did talk to Jamie about a month ago, and he said I could get the Backyard by October. He answered a lot of questions for me and was super nice. I hadn't made my decision at that time, so I didn't order it. Prob should have. I'm sure he's a busy guy.

He has opened a restaurant and is busier than a whore on dollar day. He'll eventually get back with you, great guy just stretched to the max right now.

I'd personally call Big Poppa Smokers and talk to them about the Jambo. Their customer service is stellar.

PM TuscaloosaQ and save yourself alot of money. Or check out his website shirleyfabrication.com

• Thanks
Reactions: LTG
I had sent an e-mail to the addy on the Jambo website last week and I did not get a response yet either...

Last edited:
Jamie isn't good at responding to emails or voicemails. The best time to call him is 8-12 central time. If you really want a Jambo, call him until you get in touch with him.
He is consumed right now trying the restaurant business. "Bless his heart."

I have wanted a jambo backyard for a while. Just can't swing it right now. Just not in the budget. But if the wait is a year..... perhaps I should place an order now :roll:.

Not that I cater.. but why is this pit not ideal for catering?

we can help you....we are the only reseller of Jambo pits...call 877 828 0727 Many times I can get it to you cheaper than Jamie due to the freight deals we get,

we can help you....we are the only reseller of Jambo pits...call 877 828 0727 Many times I can get it to you cheaper than Jamie due to the freight deals we get,

Do you have any idea of the wait time on the Backyard Pit?

man that sandwich.. is too much.. lol i think i could hit it though at the same time!.. lol

Get with djqualls on here and get a quote for an R & O. Top notch pits with out so much wait. Might be able to save you on freight with the BBQ network delivery.

Back