• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sat. or Sun

HONCHO GREGORY

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just thinkin I noticed some events have their Main event on Sat and Some on Sunday. What do you think is better, and why. Would you rather cook Friday night or Saturday night. I like the way Roc-City does it, But it's also a 3 day weekend

Our team prefers Friday night cooks with Saturday turn ins. That gives us a chance to relax on Sunday before returning to work on Monday. If it's a holiday weekend such as Labor or Memorial Day, Saturday cooks are fine. Just like to have that day of rest.

I would love to have Sat/Sun cooks near me (none are). I get no paid days off so every comp I go to I'm struggling to get my time in before Thurs afternoon... or I'm losing money.

This question has come up before and lots of answers. The pros of a Fri-Sat comp is getting to stay the night after awards on Sat, driving back at your leisure, and having a day to recoup and put things away. Sat-Sun competitions may require you to drive home right after awards and then deal with putting things away, with no time for R&R. As some one who's done it, that can be a long drive and miserable Monday morning. I've always had a (not so secret) theory that Fri-Sat competitions are more common because they don't interfere with church, but what do I know?

A lot of ppl like Fri-Sat comps because it's what they're used to. They'll tell you, like I just did, that you have more time to recover, but you don't have to drive back Sunday night after a Sat-Sun contest. You can always take Monday off. Sat-Sun gives you the option of a 2 or 3 day weekend, whereas Fri-Sat does not.

That's my take on the matter...

dmp

I'd rather cook Friday-Saturday-AND-Sunday. Nothing like having only one set of travel expenses, and knocking out two or three shows.
shiner.gif

We've done one Sat/Sun contest this season and I hated it! I was wiped out on Monday morning! Love to sleep in til about 9 am on Sunday then clean up stuff for the next week.

Just thinkin I noticed some events have their Main event on Sat and Some on Sunday. What do you think is better, and why. Would you rather cook Friday night or Saturday night. I like the way Roc-City does it, But it's also a 3 day weekend

There are plenty of Fri>Sat contests. I like Sat>Sun because it gives me a chance to cook without burning a vacation day.

Back