Au gratin potatoes with ham

Dauvis

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
One of the meals that my wife makes is au gratin potatoes with ham. Her au gratin potatoes come from a box and the ham comes from a package :tsk:. I was surfing the webs and found a way to make ham from country style ribs. I thought that I could do that and improve upon my wife's recipe. :heh:

On Friday evening, I rubbed some country style ribs with Morton's tender quick. This evening, I took them out of the fridge.
mb0t.jpg

I rubbed some of them with Bone Sucking Sauce and the others with McCormick's applewood rub. Put them in the smoker at about 260*.
korw.jpg

Cooked them to an internal temperature 150* and gave them a well deserved rest.
h7il.jpg

bo11.jpg

The color looked good to me and it had a great smoked ham flavor. Based on the feedback on the rest of the family, the recipe was successful.
x8sk.jpg

Now... for part two; the au gratin potatoes.

I diced some onions, sliced some potatoes, and chopped some of the ham.
9udw.jpg

While I started the cheese sauce, my daughter put the potatoes, onions, and ham in a dutch oven.
zxsa.jpg

hws1.jpg

zygs.jpg

Once the cheese sauce was nice and smooth, it was poured over the potatoes, onions, and ham.
7eiq.jpg

67ln.jpg

After about an hour and a half in the oven...
txz9.jpg

x3pb.jpg

wsie.jpg

Kick butt recipe mate, looks great, we also do something like that.:thumb:

Very nice!
Potatoes au gratin is one of my standard sides...easy to make and most of the time you got all the ingredients in house.

Dang that looks really good. :hungry:

I need to start cooking 2 dinners a night just to try all these recipes out :shock:

I tried improving one of my wifes recipes once, once!!
Fantastic looking cook.

Matt

Back